Master of Laws (LLM) in Food Law
Friday, December 31, 9999
9am - 5pm
Master of Laws (LLM) in Food Law Gain a qualification in food law with this flexible distance learning course - Learn More!
Course start date: 28th September 2020 (Application deadline: 1st September 2020). Delivered by tutored distance learning
De Montfort University
This unique programme in Food Law will enable you to:
- Analyse, interpret and apply the laws regulating food
- Gain a competitive advantage in difficult market conditions - increase your skills at this crucial time
- Achieve a recognised UK university qualification while combining full-time employment with study
- Learn from key industry practitioners and academics and benefit directly from their insight and invaluable commentary
- Apply your learning and new skills to your work immediately and help further your career
- Tailor the programme to your needs by studying your own unique combination of modules from this and other De Montfort LLM programmes.
- Study at a faster pace – follow the ‘accelerated route’ and complete the LLM in 15 months
Why study Food Law?
Food law is a dynamic area of law, heavily influenced by developments at an EU level. Over the years the course has recruited students from all over the globe and from many different backgrounds. A typical student may be an Environmental Health Officer, or work in the food industry, or be a practising lawyer or a consultant.
As such the course is specifically designed for lawyers and non-legal professionals with interests in the food law field, particularly those involved in the food industry.
Many students have a great deal of practical knowledge of food law and the impetus for studying the course is to obtain a qualification which confirms the breadth and depth of this existing knowledge, and to have the opportunity to look behind the law in order to address underlying policy issues.
This course is ideal for...
This course is designed for a large variety of senior professionals in:
• food production
• hygiene firms, and
• representatives from industry associations and regulatory bodies
The course is also ideal for lawyers in private practice law firms and in-house.
Students will all study the Core Module and will then specialise by choosing from the optional modules listed below. Please see the Course Structure section for a full explanation.
- Food Law in the UK and EU
- Food Consumer Protection Law
- Food Marketing Law
- Food Safety Law
- Food Sources Protection Law
- Negotiated Study Module
And you can tailor the course to fit your specific job role and industry by selecting modules from other LLM programmes as well. See Flexible Study Options box for further information.
To find out more and apply for the programme Click Here