BSc (Hons) in Food and Consumer Science
Friday, December 31, 9999
8am - 5pm
Why Study Abertay's BSc (Hons) in Food and Consumer Science?
Are you fascinated by food and what drives our everyday food choices? Study in our £3.5m state-of-the-art laboratory facilities to learn about the relationships between food and the consumer, and discover how socioeconomic, legal, technical, ethical or environmental factors shape food supply and food choice.
This degree is vocationally relevant and blends academic learning with practical skills honed in the state-of-the-art pilot plant and consumer science laboratories. Our leading-edge experts will help you uncover:
- The nutritional requirements of a person throughout their lifespan
- What drives consumer food choices
- What are the quality and safety requirements for manufacturing foods
- How to innovate and make healthy delicious foods ensuring they’re safe to eat
- How to improve products and processes to make the food industry more efficient and sustainable
This course is accredited by the Institute of Food Science and Technology. And according to Unistats, 6 months after taking the course, over 90% of our graduates are in employment.
The food industry is the fastest-growing manufacturing sector in the UK. Over the next 10 years, the Food and Drink Federation of Scotland has forecasted that there will be 27,000 new job opportunities for highly skilled food professionals who are capable of making the industry more efficient and sustainable.
Join the course and make an impact on the food and drink industry.
To Find Out More Click Here