Controls Systems Engineer - Northampton
- Contract Type
- Full Time
We are currently recruiting for a Controls Systems Engineer based at our site in Northampton. Do you have experience with HMI Programming and PLC programming? Do you have extensive experience of testing control systems?
To Provide subject matter expertise to all manufacturing unit personnel for all control systems in operation, ensuring that the manufacturing infrastructure is maintained and developed in line with the business requirements.
- Schedule and complete regular maintenance of manufacturing unit systems to ensure that they are up to date and operate to the appropriate code of practice
- Develop robust infrastructure control systems and build front line capability to ensure routine problem solving is actioned by the operators
- Design fit for purpose systems and training to build employee fault finding and enhance the engineering team capability
- Maintain all IT solutions to the manufacturing infrastructure systems in order to ensure integration into the business systems network
- Maintain an archive of control systems information ensuring accuracy, validity and availability for all members of the engineering team
- Collaborate and communicate with engineers and production staff when completing project work to enhance production efficiency, effectiveness and operational understanding
- Liaise with suppliers on a regular basis to ensure best practice/best technology is achieved with reference to Group Engineering standard guidelines
- Developing and implementing the required technology to increase reliability and efficiency of machinery; identify obsolescence and future risks for process and product change
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing over 11,000 colleagues across 15 manufacturing sites we supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
- Knowledge of sensors and electronic interfacing.
- Electronic background.
- PLC programming.
- Knowledge of industrial networks, e.g. Ethernet IP.
- Basic IT knowledge, e.g. new software or drivers installation.
- Good knowledge of testing and experience with control systems
- Mitsubishi PLC and HMI programming, starting new projects from scratch.
- Cognex cameras and barcode readers.
- 2nd tier IT/Computing.
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.
About the company