Design & Procurement Engineer
- Kent, Sandwich
- £45000 - £60000 per annum
- Closing date
- 20 Jun 2023
- Engineering, Operatives
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Design and Procurement Engineer | Sandwich, Kent | £45,000 - £60,000 + Loads Of Benefits
Are you an exceptional Engineer looking for your next role? Then this might be your dream job. This is a chance to work at the cutting edge of sustainable food production, helping our Projects team to design, procure and contract the plant equipment necessary to deliver our farms.
What is the role?:
- In this role, you'll be instrumental in bringing the infrastructure of that evolution to life, integrating designs and learnings from our existing facilities into new projects.
- You will be responsible for working with the Projects and Operations teams to scope the most appropriate work packages, identify multiple suppliers to tender, evaluate suppliers and negotiate purchase agreements - driving the delivery of a major multidiscipline construction project expanding our indoor growing facility.
- You will be reporting to the Engineering Director and will work closely with them on a daily basis.
- Develop a detailed knowledge of the equipment, systems, and components used in our farms.
- Develop specifications in consultation with the Operations and Engineering teams.
- Develop, lead, and implement business cost reduction strategies through sourcing to improve our cost position without sacrificing quality.
- Identify potential suppliers based on project requirements.
- Challenge existing suppliers to recommend more cost-effective and/or more reliable products that will improve our competitive position. Assist in the evaluation and coordination of these recommendations.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field with 5+ years of experience.
- A background in HVAC or automation is a plus.
- Must be able to apply sound engineering judgment and professional rigour in the performance of all analyses
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work within a team environment, to take direction and function as a team member to solve a variety of engineering problems.
- Ability to execute tasks independently.
- PC skills including MS Office, and familiarity with Autocad / Revit is a plus.
MorePeople are a specialist recruitment business for the food, fresh produce, horticulture and agriculture industries. Founded in 2000 by two passionate foodies with vast experience in the industry, we’re a growing team comprising of a mixture of ex-industry professionals and professional recruiters passionate about the sector.
Offering a functional approach to recruitment, we have dedicated expert teams to assist in all roles across a business;
• HR, Admin & IT
• Rural Surveyors, Land Agents & Estate Managers
The team are committed to offering the best recruitment service for all professional roles within the sectors in which we operate.
Find out more on our website at www.morepeople.co.uk or call us on 01780 480530.
Apply for Design & Procurement Engineer
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert