- Bolton, Greater Manchester
- Up to £60,000 per year + excellent benefits package
- Closing date
- 20 Jun 2023
- Engineering, Operational Management, Production & Manufacturing
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Project Manager - Bolton
Up to £60,000 per year + excellent benefits package
Are you an experienced Project Manager with operational experience looking for an exciting new challenge?
- Annual bonus
- Award winning pension scheme
- Opportunity to purchase additional holidays
- Health and wellbeing support, including access to free onsite physio & wellbeing initiatives
- Plus many more
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our Manufacturing team to work alongside Manufacturing and Engineering, with proven experience in project management within an operational environment. Someone who can lead diverse cross functional teams to define and deliver our highest priority initiatives. You will be working as part of the Manufacturing team and gain exposure to multiple business functions as well as driving change projects from initiation through the project delivery.
You’ll be well versed in the workings of effective Project management and the application of these techniques in an operational setting. Responsible for leading diverse cross functional teams, including operations to deliver quality project outputs that lead to successful and sustainable business change. You’ll have a keen eye for detail and enjoy working closely with work stream leads to help them track and report on progress, address issues risks and constraints that may get in the way of progress.
As part of this challenging and rewarding role you will also be part of our PMO team working on a number of projects throughout the business, adhering to and championing company standard frameworks and processes, engaging and working with the wider PMO team on a regular basis.
- To conduct regular project quality reviews with partners following an agreed process.
- To manage changes in project scope through a formal change control procedure, ensuring all project deliverables are appropriately signed off.
- To manage project teams, ensuring projects are kept on track and appropriate action is taken where performance deviates from agreed tolerances.
- To ensure all projects are formally closed and, where appropriate, subsequently reviewed with lessons learned recorded and utilised on subsequent projects.
- To provide input into the design and implementation of best practice project management approach, tools and techniques within Warburtons.
- Proven PMO experience, Prince II or project management experience within operational environment.
- Experience of running manufacturing change projects working with engineering teams
- Strong analytical, planning and organisational skills
- Change management experience
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and experience in their application
- Experience in producing and maintaining complex change plans
- Excellent verbal, written, communication and presentational skills
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills with in-depth experience in dealing with and influencing Operational leaders
- Works on own initiative, able to anticipate, analyse and solve complex problems
- Experienced user of MS project and MS Office toolset (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
At last and by no means least you will want to know what your breads worth.
- A slice of the annual profits (discretionary profit share)
- Family time is important to us so as well as your holiday entitlement, we'll give you the opportunity to purchase up to an extra weeks annual leave
- Award winning pension scheme with company contributions up to 7%
- Private medical insurance and life assurance
- Products you will love along with deals and discounts for you and the family through our Extra Dough website
- Continued investment in your personal development
- Fully stocked kitchens filled with our delicious products for you to enjoy with your daily brew!
- Support for your health and wellbeing, including access to free physiotherapy, 24/7 access to a confidential helpline for practical advice and a comprehensive occupational health service
As ‘the UK’s No. 1 Bakery Brand’ we have been baking bread since 1876. Today, we are proudly a fifth-generation family, with the sixth generation starting to join the company, supplying over 18,000 retail customers from 11 bakeries and 15 depots, producing a range of over 70 products including gluten and wheat free. Our family of 5,000 colleagues throughout the UK, have recognised us as a Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Companies’ to work for. Family and values are what makes us different, and we are a proud bunch, join us and you too could be proud to be Warburtons.
We respect and value difference. We look to create an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Companies that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, or any other aspect which makes them unique, are proven to be better companies. More importantly, creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work, is the right thing to do.
We are an incredibly successful business with ambitious plans for future growth – a future you could be part of. Our success is built on 130 years of heritage, but our drive ensures we are relevant for the 21st century.
We produce over 2 million bakery products a day, and deliver to over 13,300 customers a week; these impressive figures show that we are definitely a company on the rise.
You could be part of one of Britain’s best loved brands and as your career progresses with us, you will become another of our essential ingredients.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert