Multi Skilled Engineer
- Bolton, Greater Manchester
- Closing date
- 20 Jun 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Multi Skilled Engineer - Bolton
Are you already a Multi Skilled Engineer, Shift Engineer or a Maintenance Engineer and at the top of your game in a manufacturing environment?
Working as part of our highly skilled and well-established engineering team, you’ll be driven and skilled in finding and rectifying faults through inputs and outputs, reading and acting on data, conducting planned and preventative maintenance.
Join our team and you’ll have the opportunity to work across our 2 Bolton sites working with a variety of specialist equipment from bulk handling systems, through to processing and packaging.
Our Multi-Skilled Engineers work in shift teams in close conjunction with production, safety and hygiene. The team undertake planned and preventative maintenance and are encouraged to use their engineering skills and experience to develop robust solutions and long-term fixes. There's a huge variety of tasks that will range from general plant maintenance to improving plant reliability and diagnosing problems before they develop. The environment is a fast-paced, highly automated 24/7 food manufacturing environment each day brings a different opportunity; we'll help to develop your technical skills and get you involved in other initiatives alongside our safety teams and improvement initiatives.
As part of the Engineering team, you’ll be encouraged and supported to foster new ideas and perspectives whilst driving change at pace. We promote a culture of continuous improvement whilst working on a changing approach to reliability centred maintenance in a highly automated production facility.
As part of your role, you’ll be identifying and completing continuous improvement projects to increase plant efficiency, reduce downtime and save energy and associated costs.
- Ensure plant and personnel (including external contractors) conform to Health and Safety legislation, policy and standards identifying any required actions so that the area of responsibility is healthy, safe and accident free.
- Drive improvements in asset reliability and reduce losses
- Ensure effective use of SAP PM
- Development of maintenance approach for bakery equipment in line with excellence framework.
- Completion of identified individual objectives and team targets.
- Establish and maintain effective communication channels.
- Compliance with quality and food safety legislation, company standards and specifications in order to meet the requirements of professional and legal standards.
- Able to work a 4 on 4 off shift pattern (2 days, 2 nights, 4 off)
- Excellent route cause analysis skills
- Understanding of PLC and control systems with the ability to fault find would be an advantage but not essential
- Engineering Qualification such as Apprenticeship, HNC, BTECH or equivalent.
- Knowledge and experience of maintenance preferably in a fast-paced FMCG environment.
- H&S/Food Safety systems and legislation knowledge e.g. PUWER, IOSH – able to ensure a safe working environment.
- Analysing and problem-solving skills, anticipates problems before they occur and takes steps to deal with them/correctly and swiftly identifies the underlying problem and finds appropriate solutions.
- Decision making skills, makes timely decisions/takes account of the wider risks and implications.
At last, and by no means yeast, you will want to know what your breads worth:
- A slice of the annual profits (discretionary profit share)
- Award winning pension scheme with company contributions
- Life assurance
- Products you will love along with deals and discounts for you and the family through our Extra Dough website
- Continued investment in your personal development
- Fully stocked kitchens filled with our delicious products for you to enjoy with your daily brew!
- Support for your health and wellbeing, including access to free physiotherapy, 24/7 access to a confidential helpline for practical advice and a comprehensive occupational health service
As ‘the UK’s No. 1 Bakery Brand’ we have been baking bread since 1876. Today, we are proudly a fifth-generation family, with the sixth generation starting to join the company, supplying over 18,000 retail customers from 11 bakeries and 15 depots, producing a range of over 70 products including gluten and wheat free. Our family of 5,000 colleagues throughout the UK, have recognised us as a Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Companies’ to work for.
Family and values are what makes us different, and we are a proud bunch, join us and you too could be proud to be Warburtons.
We respect and value difference. We look to create an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Companies that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, or any other aspect which makes them unique, are proven to be better companies. More importantly, creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work, is the right thing to do.
We are an incredibly successful business with ambitious plans for future growth – a future you could be part of. Our success is built on 130 years of heritage, but our drive ensures we are relevant for the 21st century.
We produce over 2 million bakery products a day, and deliver to over 13,300 customers a week; these impressive figures show that we are definitely a company on the rise.
You could be part of one of Britain’s best loved brands and as your career progresses with us, you will become another of our essential ingredients.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert