- Closing date
- 19 Jun 2023
- Technical, Technologists
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Technical Coordinator - Bristol
As ‘the UK’s No. 1 Bakery Brand’ we have been baking bread since 1876. Today, we are proudly a fifth-generation family, with the sixth generation starting to join the company, supplying over 18,000 retail customers from 11 bakeries and 15 depots, producing a range of over 70 products including gluten and wheat free. Our family of 5,000 colleagues throughout the UK, have recognised us as a Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Companies’ to work for.
Family and values are what makes us different, and we are a proud bunch, join us and you too could be proud to be Warburtons.
Warburtons are looking for a Technical Coordinator to support a Team of Technical Manager in ensuring the Unbeatable Quality Strategy, and that the Bakery and Depots meet the Legal and Company Food Safety, Hygiene and Quality Standards.
Key Accountabilities and Measures
- Provide and collate appropriate information and monitoring data to ensure compliance and adherence to all relevant standards in the Quality Management System.
- Product Quality Assessments through the site
- Assisting the Technical Managers in development and implementing of process improvements to improve product quality.
- Coaching and Training the Team any new developments
- To assist the Technical Manager in ensuring the SWORD databases are kept up to date.
- Conduct Internal site audits to schedule to ensure identified control measures are being adhered to.
- Support the understanding of the quality requirements and adherence to the standards across the site
- Demonstrates ability to follow complex instructions and procedures with minimal supervision
- Capture and interpret complex data to aid good decision making within scope of role
- Demonstrates problem solving and decision-making capability within broad scope, knowing when to escalate
- Ability to develop new skills and knowledge of varying complexity to work across a multi-skilled Operations
- Demonstrates attention for detail and a focus on quality
- Can positively adapt to changes in work requirements, undertaking a variety of activities across the Operation to meet business needs.
- Shares knowledge and experience with other members of the Operations Team and delivers support and guidance to other team members
- Identify and deliver operational improvements within their knowledge and experience
- Demonstrates the ability to use a variety of IT systems and applications
At last and by no means yeast you will want to know what your breads worth.
- A slice of the annual profits (discretionary profit share)
- Family time is important to us so as well as your holiday entitlement, we'll give you the opportunity to purchase up to an extra weeks annual leave
- Award winning pension scheme with company contributions of 7%
- Life assurance
- Products you will love along with deals and discounts for you and the family through our Extra Dough website
- Continued investment in your personal development
- Fully stocked kitchens filled with our delicious products for you to enjoy with your daily brew!
- Support for your health and wellbeing, including access to free physiotherapy, 24/7 access to a confidential helpline for practical advice and a comprehensive occupational health service
We respect and value difference. We look to create an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Companies that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, or any other aspect which makes them unique, are proven to be better companies. More importantly, creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work, is the right thing to do.
We are an incredibly successful business with ambitious plans for future growth – a future you could be part of. Our success is built on 130 years of heritage, but our drive ensures we are relevant for the 21st century.
We produce over 2 million bakery products a day, and deliver to over 13,300 customers a week; these impressive figures show that we are definitely a company on the rise.
You could be part of one of Britain’s best loved brands and as your career progresses with us, you will become another of our essential ingredients.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert