Bakery Team Leader
- Wakefield, West Yorkshire
- Closing date
- 19 Jun 2023
- Production & Manufacturing
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Bakery Team Leader - Wakefield
As ‘the UK’s No. 1 Bakery Brand’ we have been baking bread since 1876. Today, we are proudly a fifth-generation family, with the sixth generation starting to join the company, supplying over 18,000 retail customers from 11 bakeries and 15 depots, producing a range of over 70 products including gluten and wheat free. Our family of 5,000 colleagues throughout the UK, have recognised us as a Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Companies’ to work for.
Family and values are what makes us different, and we are a proud bunch, join us and you too could be proud to be Warburtons.
Are you already a Team Leader or supervisor, working in a fast-paced food manufacturing business or a key operative at the top of your game? Working as part of our manufacturing team at our bakery and supporting the Bakery Managers, you’ll be a strong people manager, capable of developing and engaging our teams.
Here at our Tuscany Bakery, we are proud to be leading and developing a team at the cutting edge of innovation.
Working on a 4 on 4 off day/night shift pattern.
We offer a Competitive Salary + great opportunities for progression and development. If you believe you can rise to the challenge, then APPLY now.
Key Accountabilities and Measures
- Ensure plant and personnel conform to Health and Safety legislation, policy and standards identifying any required actions so that the area of responsibility is healthy, safe and accident free.
- To ensure the team complies with quality, legislation, company standards and specifications, identifying and initiating actions as required to produce a quality product.
- Ensure the team complies with all food safety policies and procedures (e.g. HACCP, BRC, AIB) in order to meet the requirements of professional and legal standards.
- Recruit, manage, motivate and develop the team to ensure they achieve the goals and targets agreed in their role profiles and performance review meetings.
- To maintain company and statutory hygiene standards throughout designated areas, ensuring team is trained as appropriate. Promotes the principles of basic food hygiene and good housekeeping.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication channels.
- Support and promote a continuous improvement programme to increase bakery efficiency and meet performance criteria.
- Knowledge and experience of operating in a manufacturing environment – preferably food or FMCG, however not essential
- Health & Safety standards
- An understanding of food safety regulations – desirable not essential
- Living our culture and values, the writing is on the wall, this is Warburtons! We believe in “The Warburton’s Way”
- Passionate about Quality and best practice whilst driving continuous improvement
- Continued personal development with an eye for developing and encouraging talent within your team
- Understanding of managing people and leading by example
At last and by no means yeast you will want to know what your breads worth.
- A slice of the annual profits (discretionary profit share)
- Family time is important to us so as well as your holiday entitlement, we'll give you the opportunity to purchase up to an extra weeks annual leave
- Award winning pension scheme with company contributions of 7%
- Life assurance
- Products you will love along with deals and discounts for you and the family through our Extra Dough website
- Continued investment in your personal development
- Fully stocked kitchens filled with our delicious products for you to enjoy with your daily brew!
- Support for your health and wellbeing, including access to free physiotherapy, 24/7 access to a confidential helpline for practical advice and a comprehensive occupational health service
We respect and value difference. We look to create an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Companies that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, or any other aspect which makes them unique, are proven to be better companies. More importantly, creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work, is the right thing to do.
We are an incredibly successful business with ambitious plans for future growth – a future you could be part of. Our success is built on 130 years of heritage, but our drive ensures we are relevant for the 21st century.
We produce over 2 million bakery products a day, and deliver to over 13,300 customers a week; these impressive figures show that we are definitely a company on the rise.
You could be part of one of Britain’s best loved brands and as your career progresses with us, you will become another of our essential ingredients.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert