- Silven Recruitment
- North West/Cheshire/Greater Manchester
- c£45 - 47k + benefits
- Closing date
- 19 Jun 2023
- Operational Management, Production & Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Transport
- Contract Type
- Full Time
This is an excellent opportunity for a Shift Manager to join a market-leading food manufacturer in the Greater Manchester.
Role: Shift Manager – this is a shift-based role working days and nights 12 hour shifts.
Location: North West/Cheshire/Greater Manchester
Salary: c£45 - 47k + benefits
Shift Manager – The Candidate:
- Must have previous experience in a Shift Manager or Days based Production / Manufacturing Manager role in a manufacturing environment – Food or FMCG.
- Will ideally be degree qualified in food sciences, engineering or technical discipline.
- Able to demonstrate strong leadership skills and coaching skills – be passionate about people and their development.
- Must be experienced in continuous improvement and able to create an environment where team members consistently push for improved team performance and productivity.
- Will ideally have exposure to lean manufacturing tools and techniques such as 5S, TPM, Kaizen, etc.
Shift Manager - The Role:
- To lead a multi-disciplined shift team on a 24-hour, 7 day a week operation in the manufacture of food products.
- To ensure the factory meets its KPI targets around Safety, Performance / Efficiencies, Waste, etc.
- Maintain a safe working environment with focus on zero accidents.
- Coach employees to fulfil and exceed the requirements of the job.
- Ensure ongoing smooth operations of Factory through effective employee engagement and industrial relations management.
- Lead continuous improvement teams to drive forward changes in plant/process/products to improve on all KPI’s.
- My client is a multi-site market-leading manufacturer of food products.
- The company are keen to develop employees and provide career development opportunities.
If you are interested in hearing more about this fantastic career opportunity, then please send a copy of your CV quoting ref CH/13350 in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Carole on 0161 832 7463.
Silven was formed by experienced consultants to bring a high calibre service to the Food & Drink manufacturing sector. A team of personable, dedicated sector experts offering a service based on knowledge, understanding, capability and a determination to deliver for our clients and candidates. Fundamentally a service that we would want to receive ourselves. Providing a full recruitment service to the sector, we complete assignments across senior and middle management roles as well as handling specialist difficult to fill and first line management roles. Functions covered include: Manufacturing & Operations Engineering & Maintenance CI & Projects R&D & Process Development Technical & Quality NPD & Innovation Supply Chain & Planning Hygiene & Health & Safety
Apply for Shift Manager
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert