Engineering Reliability Manager
- Wakefield, West Yorkshire
- Closing date
- 19 Jun 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Engineering Reliability Manager - Wakefield
Are you a Engineering Reliability Manager, Engineering Maintenance Manager or Senior Engineering Team Leader with experience of working in a manufacturing environment and looking to progress or up for a new challenge?
Due to continued growth and investment in our Engineering-led manufacturing sites, we have an opportunity for an Engineering Reliability Manager to support our Bakery in Normanton, Wakefield, working a 5 out of 8 days shift pattern (the 5th day being a half day for a handover). As a key part of our Engineering Management team, you'll engage and motivate a skilled team of engineers, utilising root cause analysis to identify and prioritise corrective, preventative, predictive and mitigating actions.
At our Wakefield Bakery, the team are dedicated to delivering unbeatable quality in a safe manner with highly reliable equipment. We are proud to be leading and developing a collaborative, creative and responsive team at the cutting edge of engineering innovation. In this role you will lead, motivate and manage a team of multi skilled engineers to drive a culture that delivers plant reliability, product quality and safety in line with company standards. Working with the Engineering Manager you will have accountability for delivering the engineering strategy, via planned, corrective and reactive maintenance work
We’re going on a journey of innovation and of continuous improvement whilst working on a changing approach to reliability centred maintenance.
Our Engineering Reliability Managers and our Engineering teams are encouraged to foster new ideas and perspectives whilst driving change at a pace; we’re looking for you to make a personal impact, have passion and inspire a team whilst recognising successes and rewarding that along the way. We take pride in keeping our people and customer’s safe, so you’ll play a key role in ensuring work is conducted in accordance with our stringent health and safety requirements.
Passionate about our people you too will want to engage and develop your team driving together for results. People are our most precious ingredient so along with your technical focus, you will have a passion for people development as well as a hunger for working collaboratively with your colleagues to drive the success of our site. Through coaching and mentoring, we aspire to invest in your development to become our future senior leaders.
- Safety - Accountable for own and team adherence to relevant safety performance across all activities
- Leadership – responsible for team training plan, individual development plans and performance reviews
- Resource Management – Responsible for ensuring that the day to day operational requirements can be fulfilled through the appropriate provision and allocation of team members
- Operational Management - Accountable for plant performance uplifts via allocated reactive, corrective and planned maintenance tasks across plant and equipment through the effective management of their team
- Built on concepts from robust Root Cause Analysis of Top Losses/MI losses data within SAP. Develop site led Asset Care MI/Losses reduction plan by utilising various CI Tools & techniques.
- Possess an Engineering Qualification such as a Degree, HND, HNC, BTEC or equivalent
- Able to work a 5 out of 8 days shift pattern (DAYS ONLY - 5th day is half a day)
- You’ll have previous experience of managing a team of Engineers, with the ability to lead, develop, coach and mentor
- Experienced in implementing risk-based maintenance strategies
- A working knowledge and understanding of Budgets, Capex (proposals and project implementation), contract management, supplier negotiation
- Previous experience of working with electrical control systems and automation
- A strong mechanical background with electrical multi-skilled experience
- You’ll be able to deploy and execute a reliability centred asset care strategy
- Passionate about quality and best practice whilst driving continuous improvement
- Have a safety-first mindset with experience of COSHH & HACCP, and a working knowledge of H&S audits and processes
And last but by no means yeast, you will want to know what your breads worth.
- Competitive Salary
- A slice of the annual profits (discretionary profit share)
- Family time is important to us so as well as your holiday entitlement, we'll give you the opportunity to purchase up to an extra weeks annual leave
- Award winning pension scheme with company contributions
- Private medical insurance and life assurance
- Products you will love along with deals and discounts for you and the family through our Extra Dough website
- Continued investment in your personal development
- Fully stocked kitchens filled with our delicious products for you to enjoy with your daily brew!
- Support for your health and wellbeing, including access to free physiotherapy, 24/7 access to a confidential helpline for practical advice and a comprehensive occupational health service
As ‘the UK’s No. 1 Bakery Brand’ we have been baking bread since 1876. Today, we are proudly a fifth-generation family, with the sixth generation starting to join the company, supplying over 18,000 retail customers from 11 bakeries and 15 depots, producing a range of over 70 products including gluten and wheat free. Our family of 5,000 colleagues throughout the UK, have recognised us as a Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Companies’ to work for.
Family and values are what makes us different, and we are a proud bunch, join us and you too could be proud to be Warburtons.
If you are interested in this role, please apply ideally before the closing date. We are keen to discuss the opportunity with you and will aim to answer any of your questions.
There is no such thing as the ideal candidate, and we are unlikely to find someone who meets all of the criteria listed. Warburtons have a supportive culture where we invest in our people’s development and encourage them to grow. So, if you don’t meet all the criteria, we would still encourage you to submit your application, as you never know, you could be exactly what we are looking for!
We respect and value difference. We look to create an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Companies that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, or any other aspect which makes them unique, are proven to be better companies. More importantly, creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work, is the right thing to do.
We are an incredibly successful business with ambitious plans for future growth – a future you could be part of. Our success is built on 130 years of heritage, but our drive ensures we are relevant for the 21st century.
We produce over 2 million bakery products a day, and deliver to over 13,300 customers a week; these impressive figures show that we are definitely a company on the rise.
You could be part of one of Britain’s best loved brands and as your career progresses with us, you will become another of our essential ingredients.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert