- Wakefield, West Yorkshire
- up to £42,000 depending on experience
- Closing date
- 19 Jun 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Maintenance Engineer - Wakefield
Salary up to £42,000 depending on experience
Are you a Maintenance Engineer with a passion for mechanical engineering and looking for your next opportunity?
Benefits that include:
• A slice of the annual profits
• Award winning pension scheme
• Health and wellbeing support, including access to free onsite physio & wellbeing initiatives
• Ongoing personal development and learning opportunities
• Plus many more
To operate as part of the shift team providing a high standard engineering service to the site including the maintenance of plant, machinery and services to a safe and reliable standard so as to support the achievement of bakery goals and objectives.
- Ensure plant and personnel (including external contractors) conform to Health and Safety legislation, policy and standards identifying any required actions so that the area of responsibility is healthy, safe and accident free.
- Drive improvements in asset reliability and reduce losses
- Effective use of SAP PM
- Development of maintenance approach for bakery equipment in line with BEX framework.
- Completion of identified individual objectives and team targets.
- Establish and maintain effective communication channels.
- Compliance with quality and food safety legislation, company standards and specifications in order to meet the requirements of professional and legal standards.
- Structured and practical engineering training (e.g. apprenticeship/HNC/degree).
- Knowledge and experience of maintenance in an FMCG environment.
- HandS/Food Safety systems and legislation knowledge e.g. PUWER, IOSH – able to ensure a safe working environment.
- IT and PC knowledge is able to use widespread functions within relevant software (Inc Office and SAP).
- Communicating skills is articulate/develops effective, long-term relationships with key people.
- Coaching and mentoring skills, takes responsibility for the training and coaching of others.
- Analysing and problem solving skills, anticipates problems before they occur and takes steps to deal with them/correctly and swiftly identifies the underlying problem and finds appropriate solutions.
- Decision making skills , makes timely decisions/takes account of the wider risks and implications.
At last and by no means yeast you will want to know what your breads worth.
- A slice of the annual profits (discretionary profit share)
- Family time is important to us so as well as your holiday entitlement, we'll give you the opportunity to purchase up to an extra weeks annual leave
- Award winning pension scheme with company contributions of 7%
- Life assurance
- Products you will love along with deals and discounts for you and the family through our Extra Dough website
- Continued investment in your personal development
- Fully stocked kitchens filled with our delicious products for you to enjoy with your daily brew!
- Support for your health and wellbeing, including access to free physiotherapy, 24/7 access to a confidential helpline for practical advice and a comprehensive occupational health service
We respect and value difference. We look to create an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Companies that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, or any other aspect which makes them unique, are proven to be better companies. More importantly, creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work, is the right thing to do.
We are an incredibly successful business with ambitious plans for future growth – a future you could be part of. Our success is built on 130 years of heritage, but our drive ensures we are relevant for the 21st century.
We produce over 2 million bakery products a day, and deliver to over 13,300 customers a week; these impressive figures show that we are definitely a company on the rise.
You could be part of one of Britain’s best loved brands and as your career progresses with us, you will become another of our essential ingredients.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert