Field Service Engineer
- FoodEng Recruitment
- Greater Manchester
- OTE £54-£60k pa
- Closing date
- 16 Jun 2023
- Engineering, Production & Manufacturing
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Field Service Engineer – Greater Manchester / Cheshire / Merseyside
Base Salary: £38,000 pa - £39,000 pa. On target earnings: £54,000 pa - £60,000 pa
Extensive/Guaranteed Overtime Available at £30 an Hour
Rare opportunity for an Electrically-biased Field Service Engineer to join a genuine leader in its field. This business has an outstanding reputation for providing the Food Manufacturing sector with high quality Capital Equipment and Machinery, backed up a best-in-class After Sales service.
This role offers a diverse set of responsibilities including:
- Routine service visits, planned preventative maintenance, and breakdown resolutions at a wide array of Food production sites;
- Installation and Commissioning of Machinery on customer sites;
- Problem Solving, Fault Finding and Machine Modifications to Food Production equipment at customer sites;
- Build rapport with customers and see commercial opportunities that can be passed onto the Sales Manager or After Sales Manager;
- Opportunities to attend training courses in: Spain, Italy, France, Austria, Germany;
- Work closely and cohesively with existing Field Service Engineers and the After Sales team;
- Equally at home serving the needs of both Major Multi-Site Food Manufacturers and small artisan Food producers;
- Train staff at customer sites, demonstrate how equipment should be operated in accordance with manufacturers standard operating procedures;
- Work with customers advising them how to use the Machinery effectively, increasing Yield and Throughput;
- Understand food technology and how the inappropriate use of ingredients can lead to breakdowns and errors with equipment.
We are seeking an experienced Field Service Engineer with a sold Electrical and Mechanical skillset and 17th/18th Edition. Knowledge of PLC’s (Siemens, Omron, Mitsubishi, Allen Bradley) would benefit an application. Engineers applying for this role may be established Field Service Engineers or perhaps Maintenance Engineers seeking a new challenge ‘on the road’ where they will be meeting different people everyday.
The customer base will be situated in the Greater Manchester / Cheshire / Merseyside / Staffordshire / Derbyshire area. However, the Field Service Engineer may be asked to visit customers further afield, so a willingness to travel and have an occasional overnight hotel stay is required.
Salary Package and Requirements:
- £38,000 - £39,000 pa base Salary - Pay review after 6 months
- Expected Annual Earnings £54,000-£60,000 pa
- Guaranteed Overtime to guarantee a certain level of earnings
- Overtime at £30 an hour
- Paid Door-to-Door
- Company Vehicle
- 6% Company Pension Contribution
- Private Healthcare
- Willing to stay away for 1 or 2 nights per month
If you are currently earning a higher basic Salary than this role offers, the Company can Guarantee you Overtime at £30 an hour, to ensure your earnings do not drop. Field Service Engineers working for this Company earn an additional £16,000-£20,000 in Overtime per year. As Engineers are paid door-to-door much of the Overtime is earned whilst driving.
In terms of where you live in relation to the customers you are visiting, you should live around the Greater Manchester / Cheshire / Merseyside area, with good access to the Motorway network. Ref: 3392A
FoodEng Recruitment specialises in the appointment of Engineering Personnel across the Food & Drink Industry. Our consultants are highly motivated to source engineering staff that will add value to companies operating within this fast-paced industry, whilst delivering a level of service that will consistently exceed expectations of clients and candidates.
- 0161 669 5830
Apply for Field Service Engineer
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert