Goods In Team Leader
- Northallerton, North Yorkshire
- Up to £36,254
- Closing date
- 16 Jun 2023
- Production & Manufacturing, Supply Chain
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Goods In Team Leader - Northallerton, North Yorkshire
Salary - Up to £36,254
Would you like to work for a rapidly growing and successful Company?
Cawingredients supply high volume soft drinks principally to the UK market. We operate from a state of the art production and warehousing facility based on one site in North Yorkshire.
Recruiting the right people is an integral part of our growth plans. If you want to be part of a highly focussed environment, where attention to detail, excellent skills and diligence is required this could be the role for you.
As a Goods In Team Leader you will be responsible for supervising all operational requirements of the Goods In function.
Reporting directly to the Inventory and Warehouse Systems Manager, you will take a leading role in the supervision of physical and system-based movements of componentry through the business. In doing so, you will supervise your team to deliver industry-leading levels of performance, accuracy and safety.
·· Ensure that Goods In requirements across all production areas are supported;
· Operate powered industrial manual handling equipment, including pallet trucks and fork lifts, to load and unload materials;
· Check that loads are secure upon intake and/or shipping;
· Unload/load and book in componentry (raw materials, ingredients and packaging) in accordance with Company Warehouse Management System Procedures and industry best practice;
· Pre-assemble, pick and organise stock to be moved into the production Kanban areas;
· Move components to and from loading areas, storage areas and machinery;
· Return unconsumed componentry to storage areas post-production;
· Ensure that timely investigations are carried out where stock variances are identified;
· Examine products to verify conformance to quality standards and report/liaise with quality assurance staff to report defects as required;
· Proactively liaise with quality assurance and procurement teams to drive improvements in packaging and/or pallet formats to improve material handling and minimise damages;
· Control the assembly of back-loads and the return of damaged or non-conforming components and returnable equipment to suppliers;
· Fulfill and complete all procedural requirements and paperwork to a high standard;
· You will provide holiday and sickness cover to the Goods In Supervisor, performing key administrative tasks such as:
o Running delivery variance reports and liaising with the Procurement Team;
o Record and drive KPIs within the Goods In section to deliver exceptional colleague performance and accuracy;
o Assist in managing colleagues’ system usage to drive exceptional performance and accuracy in relation to stock movement from the point of receipt, correct placement in storage locations through to consumption;
o Control holiday, sick and other absence cover in line with the Company HR policies and in consultation with other Departmental Managers to ensure appropriate labour resource at all times;
o Support the day-to-day HR requirements of the department, eg completion of Return to Work interviews, as and when required;
o Manage and plan the scheduling of deliveries, allowing adequate time to tip, check and put away;
o Assist with the ongoing development and training of colleagues to include revising Standard Operating Procedures and drafting new Procedures as required;
· You will undertake periodic stock checks of componentry as required to support the Stock Control Team;
· Complete detailed investigations as and when incidents arise. Escalate follow up and take the relevant action when required to do so;
· Assist with the handling of recycling / waste streams as required;
· Keep the warehouse, working areas and grounds clean and tidy at all times;
· Assist with other warehouse duties such as the movement and loading of finished goods as required.
Ideally candidates will have:
- Ability to work unsupervised and often in a time-pressured environment;
- Good verbal communication skills;
- Current experience in a leadership role (at team leader level or above) is preferred;
- Current, valid reach truck and counterbalance forklift licences is essential;
- Current warehouse or goods in experience;
- Pallet truck experience is preferable;
- Exceptional computer literacy;
- Minimum previous experience of three years in a Goods In and FMCG setting is essential;
- Confident and ‘can do’ approach;
- Self-motivated and disciplined, with an ability to follow instruction;
- Flexible and reliable.
Physical demands and abilities:
- Must be able to lift and move boxes of up to 20kg. Ability to adjust body position to bend, stoop, stand, walk, turn, pivot, and stand occasionally for long periods of time.
- Regularly standing on and operating a powered industrial truck.
- Good eye-hand-foot coordination.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures, depending upon season.
Listening closely to our customers, quickly analyzing new situations, and acting accordingly are just a few aspects of our philosophy. We value our colleagues and together we work hard, to go the extra mile to ensure that we manufacture and deliver quality which meets our partners expectations.
Cawingredients are a family run business established in 2008 and are now one of the biggest contract fillers in the U.K., producing soft drinks in PET bottles and cans.
At Cawingredients we currently have 5 production lines and employ approximately 500 employees. We have a high performing culture and continue to have great ambitions. We have a strong strategy for growing the business and one for growing our colleagues too. So, if a dynamic, secure, fast paced business, where change is occurring frequently appeals to you, discover more about our business and see what opportunities we have available.
We create new and continuous learning opportunities, where our employees can excel. We do this through formal and informal training, to ensure individuals with aspirations can progress. We also offer early career opportunities for entry level roles, academy positions, apprenticeships and graduate placements.
We believe that we can provide an environment where people can achieve their full potential.
Apply for Goods In Team Leader
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert