Production Line Engineer
- Northallerton, North Yorkshire
- £46,126 - £53,898 DOE
- Closing date
- 16 Jun 2023
- Engineering, Production & Manufacturing
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Production Line Engineer - Northallerton, North Yorkshire
Salary : £46,126 - £53,898 DOE
We supply high volume soft drinks principally to the UK market from a well invested production plant.
Joining Cawingredients means joining a talented team of exceptional Engineers who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at Cawingredients; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives.
The main purpose of the technician’s role is to apply principles of engineering, manufacturing technology and management science to the production process, in order to ensure high levels of productivity are maintained on the line. Ensuring that the manufacturing process of soft drinks operates as smoothly as possible, reducing costly inefficiencies to a minimum whilst maintaining the integrity and safety of the plant as a whole.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain close attendance of the Production line, in order to provide Engineering solutions, and to assist in an operational capacity when required.
- Monitor all machines and ancillary plant during production (whilst maintaining notes and relevant log sheets).
- Ensure that any rectification is followed through to a satisfactory conclusion by effective communication with other members of the Engineering team, and Plant Management.
- Assist in cold starting, size or product changes, cleaning in place and running a machine as and when required.
- Follow preventative maintenance / lubrication schedules and liaise with Management regarding spare part requirements.
- Assist with installation work and give assistance to contractors, as and when required, ensuring that site standards are adhered to at all times.
- To ensure that prior to carrying out any intended work the relevant Departmental Management is notified in order to obtain permission to proceed.
- Ensure that any specific permits required to carry out any work is obtained before proceeding to work.
- Carry out any repair or maintenance work that is required, whilst ensuring the area or workshop is left in a clean and safe condition. The Technician is legally bound to make sure all guarding is functioning correctly.
- Use appraisals and one to one meetings with Team Managers to identify opportunities to train and develop to gain extra skills.
- Plan workload and seek opportunity to complete set personal objectives.
- Provide a detailed handover to the next shift ensuring all relevant information is passed on and understood.
- Participate in contributing ideas and completing all tasks to improve the plant and equipment performance, reliability and efficiency.
- Adopt and maintain working practices learnt on training programmes
- At least 4 Year Apprenticeship training (Multi-skilled preferable)
- Qualified to a minimum of City & Guilds ONC or HNC
- Previous FMCG experience
12 hour shifts, days & nights working 4 on 4 off.
What we can offer you:
- 21 Days Holiday, plus 3 unrestored days in December - increasing with long service
- Personal Insurances - Private Medical/Life Insurance
- Pension Scheme - 5% Employers contribution
- Training and Development Opportunities
You will work for an ever-growing Company in a state of the art production facility. We will encourage you to develop and will support your desire to progress beyond this role if you so desire.
We are a young, dynamic company with a genuine passion to be the best in our industry.
Listening closely to our customers, quickly analyzing new situations, and acting accordingly are just a few aspects of our philosophy. We value our colleagues and together we work hard, to go the extra mile to ensure that we manufacture and deliver quality which meets our partners expectations.
Cawingredients are a family run business established in 2008 and are now one of the biggest contract fillers in the U.K., producing soft drinks in PET bottles and cans.
At Cawingredients we currently have 5 production lines and employ approximately 500 employees. We have a high performing culture and continue to have great ambitions. We have a strong strategy for growing the business and one for growing our colleagues too. So, if a dynamic, secure, fast paced business, where change is occurring frequently appeals to you, discover more about our business and see what opportunities we have available.
We create new and continuous learning opportunities, where our employees can excel. We do this through formal and informal training, to ensure individuals with aspirations can progress. We also offer early career opportunities for entry level roles, academy positions, apprenticeships and graduate placements.
We believe that we can provide an environment where people can achieve their full potential.
Apply for Production Line Engineer
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert