** Home Based ** Specifications Technologist
- Recruitment Wolf
- Argyll and Bute
- Up to £28'000 (dependent on experience)
- Closing date
- 16 Jun 2023
- Quality Assurance (QA), Technical, Technologists
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Home Based Specifications Technologist - 28k - Argyll and Bute
We are on the hunt for a Spec Tech for a major food manufacturer there will be a need to visit site once or twice a month. Please look at the location and ensure this is possible.
Reporting into the Technical Manager, you will have project management responsibility for specifications for retail customers to enable products to be launched on time whilst ensuring product labeling across the range of products meets food safety, quality and legal standards.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To manage raw material specifications
- Conducting and management of food safety risk assessments
- Management and continual improvement of packaging and raw material supplier database and records
- improvement of packaging and raw material supplier database and records
- Management of due diligence testing for raw material
- Document control responsibilities for food safety and quality management systems and HACCP manuals
- Assist in the preparation for BRC and other third party audits
- Support / Cover of other members of the Technical team when required to do so
- Co-coordinating with the Technical Development Manager and NPD manager in preparation of launch documents and development packs from concept through to launch
- Coordination of the NPD Manager, Technical Development Manager, QA Manager and Technical administrator in preparation of launch documents, specifications, food safety and quality management systems documents
- Management of allergens on site in line with food safety and customer policy
- Support with the critical path for the hive process
- Support of hive specification for Primal sites , Lamb and retail pack sites
- Support approvals for all label delivers for new and reprints
- Coordinating with the Technical Development Manager the timely design and sign off of artwork
- Management of product history files electronic and paper copies
- Attend appropriate meetings as required to deputise
- To participate in training, in accordance with your personal training plan
What we need from you:
- Degree qualified or equivalent in a food or food science related subject
- Minimum of a years’ experience in a similar technical role
- Experience in working within a manufacturing process development role, preferably within chilled food
- Excellent understanding of processes and development from concept approval through to launch
- Experience of working closely with individuals external to the business e.g. suppliers and customers
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office – Word / Excel / PowerPoint
- Web based specification experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including both written and verbal communication
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects to a successful conclusion on time and to company standards.
How to apply
If this really sounds like you and you want to be considered for the Specifications Technologist position send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
On applying for this job, you consent to Recruitment Wolf Limited holding your details on file to be able to contact you about your job search.
We aim to contact you within 24 hours on the assumption that your credentials fit the requirements for the role.
Are you looking for your next permanent move? Your next interim contract? Having trouble sourcing those really exciting opportunities? Maybe you’re a factory manager looking to fill vacancies, but struggling to locate the right staff.
Whatever your recruitment needs, Recruitment Wolf is the company you’ve been waiting for. We go above and beyond to build connections between food manufacturers and the employees who would love to work for them. Recruitment Wolf was started by Bobby Clutterbuck who, having worked in food manufacturing recruitment for several years, sensed the need for a fresh new agency with an established background in the industry.
Apply for ** Home Based ** Specifications Technologist
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert