Accounts Payable Manager
- Natures Way Foods
- West Sussex, Chichester
- £35000 - £45000 per annum
- Closing date
- 15 Jun 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Grow careers and opportunities Grow Sustainability Grow employee and community wellbeing Grow great supplier relationships
Reporting into our Financial Controller you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Transactional Finance team, whilst providing support, guidance and innovation. Key Responsibilities
- Lead the accounts receivable team to ensure regular debtor reviews, timely cash collection and accurate reporting.Lead the accounts payable team to ensure regular creditor reviews, timely processing of supplier invoices and accurate reporting.Ownership of all AP and AR processes, including development and implementation.Responsible for ensuring all debtor receipts and creditor payments are correctly posted and ready for reconciliation.Delivery of specific transactional finance month end close areas.Responsible for Intercompany postings.Responsible for maintaining Payment Reporting Practices analysis and submission to HMRC.Responsible for AX ERP and Palette Arena software testing.Proactively identify, research and recommend improvements to systems, structures, procedures and practices within the department to ensure efficient and effective business operations and implement changes once approved.Support business change projects with particular attention to process and control implications of key decisions.Provide finance operational support to the business as required.To work collaboratively with senior stakeholders within and outside of finance.Carry out regular team objective reviews, 1-2-1s and year end appraisals.Supporting and managing the team's workload.
- Can maintain high Attention to detail within a high-volume invoice processing function.Accurate data capture is second nature to you.Can demonstrate logical and methodical thinking to solve problems.Possess the ability to analyse large amounts of data and can translate into meaningful insight for the wider team and business stakeholders.
Benefits and pay. We offer a fantastic benefits package with over 30 benefits to choose from that will appeal to people depending on their priorities in life. Not everyone wants the same thing and as a very diverse employer, our benefits package is very broad. We aim to look after our colleague's Financial, physical and mental wellbeing and their work/life balance. Examples include:
- Excellent pensionLife Assurance Cost of living support Discount gym membership Free parking across all sitesExcellent Mental Health and wellbeing programmesHealth Shield Perks healthcare packageGenerous sick, pattern and maternity leave
- We want to be a force for good. To that end, we are committed to making sure that everyone wins when they work with us, from our colleagues to customers and the farmers who supply us. We call this commitment "Do the Right Thing". For us, that means measuring our environmental sustainability, employee benefits and charitable giving and the effect it has - and making sure we always improve.
- Everything we do starts with passionate people, because they help us to deliver quality, service and value to our customers. The NWF team focuses on three key areas: 1) Doing the right thing2) Putting the customer at the heart of what we do 3) Making sure our product is perfect
- You do not need to be fluent in English to work at NWF! We are proud to be a very diverse employer, with 37 different nationalities among our 1,400 colleagues. Our communications go out in 5 key languages and 44% of our managers are female. Diversity is important to us because diverse colleagues bring diverse thinking and experience. That helps us to become a healthier, more adaptable business.
We’re a leading manufacturer of fresh convenient food.
We supply retailers and foodservice companies with prepared salads, coleslaw and potato salad, and fresh food to go salad meals
Natures Way Foods began in 1994, when the Langmead brothers set up a small bagged salad operation. Their big idea was to combine the freshest lettuce with the latest food manufacturing technology. Since then, we’ve grown by expanding our customer base and moving into new fresh, convenient categories and product areas.
We employ more than 1400 people and operate four manufacturing units capable of producing over 326m units. We are guided by an experienced Management Board. The Langmead brothers remain as investors and Non-Executive Directors ensuring agricultural expertise remains at the heart of the business..
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert