Sales Development Representative - Derby
- company car, pension
- Closing date
- 14 Jun 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
PepsiCo UK is home to some of the world's most loved food and drink products. Making every day favourites like Walkers, Quaker, Doritos, Pipers and Monster Munch, to name a few! We have a fantastic reputation for developing and launching products that our consumers love. PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers around the world more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories. The company generated $70 billion in net revenue in 2020.We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and have recently been voted a Top Employer for the 11th year in a row. Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Beverages and Convenient Foods by Winning with PepsiCo Positive (pep+). pep+ is our strategic end-to-end transformation that puts sustainability at the centre of how we will create value and growth by operating within planetary boundaries and inspiring positive change for planet and people. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.
We are looking for a Sales Development Representative to manage their own territory looking after a customer base of around 110 independent retail stores. Visiting around 10 - 15 stores per day, you'll be out on the road working independently all of the time so you'll need to be self-motivated with great time management skills. You'll also be part of a field base team of around 14 who all work and you'll benefit from a great network of daily support.
We understand that each of our customers is unique so you'll be using both your sales expertise and your ability to build relationships to make recommendations on what products they should stock, inform them of new and exciting campaigns they can expect to see from us and generally make sure that all of our brands are being represented in the best possible way they can be.
Working with leading brands like Walkers and Quaker Oats this role can be challenging, but rewarding too - you'll bring the sales skills and enthusiasm and we'll provide the world class induction involving a mixture of classroom and on the job training.
What you'll get up to:
- Be the main point of contact for your assigned customers
- Full journey planning for retail visits in your territory
- Cash & Carry visit to collect stock, managing in-store volume, distribution, fixture visibility, promotional execution and secondary displays within your customer base
- Building relationships at store level to help deliver our National Account Team's strategic agenda.
- Maintaining a safe work environment
What we're looking for:
- Full, manual, UK driving licence
- Selling skills (desirable)
- Basic IT skills (desirable)
- Great communication and relationship building skills
- Experience of working to targets
- A "can-do" attitude and a willingness to go above and beyond
- Perseverance and resilience in the pursuit of goals
- Responsible and ethical behaviour towards customers, suppliers and others in the organisation
- Independent and pro-active individual who can work with minimal supervision
Salary & Benefits - £32,000 , business car, company mobile, flexible benefits package (25 days holiday with the option to buy/sell more, company pension, discounted private health care)
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with the Equality Act 2010, we value diversity at our company; it is an essential part of our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, pregnancy or maternity, marital/civil partnerships, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, disability or race including; colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin.
Our 5,500 PepsiCo employees in the UK are the reason for our success. We are committed to recruiting, training and retaining good people.
Company programmes help our employees manage their careers, train for advancement, increase their knowledge and skills and participate in lifestyle and personal development opportunities.To attract and retain the best people, we believe in creating a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion, where everyone has an equal opportunity to contribute and succeed.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert