- Maidstone, Kent
- £30000 - £35000 per annum
- Closing date
- 13 Jun 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
We are currently working with a leading producer of a wide range of fruit, directly from their farms in the United Kingdom, France, Poland and South Africa, with over 2,000 hectares combined. This makes them the largest growers of Blueberries in Europe and Africa.
Alongside the farming operation, is the UK packhouse where fruit from around the world comes in to be packaged and sent out to UK retailers and supermarkets. With over 20,000 tons of soft fruit passing through the facility per annum, this makes it the largest dedicated soft fruit packhouse in the world.
If you are looking to gain experience in a leading fresh produce supplier as a maintenance engineer, this is the role for you.
What does the role involve?
- Reactive breakdown response and repair.
- Planning, inspecting and carrying out scheduled maintenance (PPM).
- Checking machinery to ensure normal functionality.
- Liaison with other team members to identify and rectify electrical and mechanical faults on production equipment.
- Adhering to Health & Safety and Food Safety Regulations at all times will undertake repair and maintenance of all electrical and mechanical faults.
- Documenting maintenance activities.
- Diagnostic fault finding.
- Supervising contracted staff.
- Installation of new equipment.
- Welding and fabrication
Who are we looking for?
- NVQ Lv 2 / 3 mechanical/electrical engineering.
- 3 years of maintenance experience.
- General knowledge of health and safety.
- Someone with problem-solving skills.
- Positive, personable and optimistic with a can-do attitude.
- Solutions-focused and able to overcome challenges.
MorePeople are a specialist recruitment business for the food, fresh produce, horticulture and agriculture industries. Founded in 2000 by two passionate foodies with vast experience in the industry, we’re a growing team comprising of a mixture of ex-industry professionals and professional recruiters passionate about the sector.
Offering a functional approach to recruitment, we have dedicated expert teams to assist in all roles across a business;
• HR, Admin & IT
• Rural Surveyors, Land Agents & Estate Managers
The team are committed to offering the best recruitment service for all professional roles within the sectors in which we operate.
Find out more on our website at www.morepeople.co.uk or call us on 01780 480530.
Apply for Maintenance Engineer
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert