- Lewis Garner Consulting
- West Yorkshire, near Pontefract
- To c35k plus excellent benefits
- Closing date
- 13 Jun 2023
- Operational Management, Production & Manufacturing, Operatives, FMCG Jobs
- Contract Type
- Full Time
New vacancy for experienced Shift Production Managers on permanent days, 6 am to 2 pm, & 7am to 3pm Monday to Friday. This role is based near Pontefract.
Must have food industry experience, preferably some of which will have been from within a chilled environment. Ideally someone who is good with engagement and coaching. Proactive, and hands on - a real people person but results driven.
Salary to c35 plus benefits.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To establish efficient and sustainable production processes for each production line
- To play a hands on role in managing, motivating, and directing the factory teams
- To increase overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) through reductions in downtime, increases in line speed, and maximisation of yield
- To carefully monitor, in conjunction with Supply Chain colleagues, the manufacturing demand and production volumes for the production lines and ensure that production schedules are efficient and achievable
- To deliver conformance to plan
- Maintain 100% service levels to Customers
- To seek constantly for new ways to improve the factory efficiency and cost effectiveness whilst maintain quality
- To monitor plant and liaise with Engineering in order to minimise plant related downtime and maximise overall equipment effectiveness
- To maintain and improve working systems to reduce process waste, whether this be product or packaging waste
- To constantly explore and implement methods of continuous improvement
- To personally ensure that all aspects of Due Diligence (Food Safety, Quality and Legislation) are adhered to.
- To personally take the appropriate and reasonable action in the event of witnessing a breach (or potential breach) of Food Safety, Quality or Legislation.
Established in 2002. Food manufacturing recruitment specialists. Multidisciplinary, across permanent, interim & contract positions.
Our core specialist areas are:
Operations General Managers / Factory Managers
Production Managers / Shift Managers
Area Managers / Team Leaders
Production Planners / Supply Chain
Commercial Purchasing Professionals
Category Managers / Category Analysts
Development NPD Managers / NPD Technologists
Process Managers / Process Technologists
Technical Technical Managers
Quality Managers / Quality Auditors
Engineering All aspects
- 07961 044961
Apply for Shift Manager
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert