- Lewis Garner Consulting
- Pontefract region - easily accessible from M62 / M18 / A1
- 35 to 43k plus excellent benefits
- Closing date
- 8 Jun 2023
- Quality Assurance (QA), Technical
- Contract Type
- Full Time
New vacancy for a Quality manager based near Pontefract.
35 to 43k plus benefits.
Retail and Foodservice customer facing - chilled product range.
Managing a team of around 12 QA's, Monday to Friday days (7am to 3pm or therabouts)
Responsible for the Company Technical and Quality management function including production standards, new product development and the hygiene team.
Design, develop and implement quality systems to ensure the site continues to meet and exceed expectations in relation to product safety, legality, authenticity and quality in line with BRC Global Food Standard.
·Ensure the day to day management of the Company Technical, NPD, Quality Assurance function and Hygiene has structure, is organised and all direct reports are aware of their roles and responsibilities;
·Monitor, measure and report on technical issues, ensuring necessary actions taken in a timely manner; ·Manage, monitor and control departmental expenditure in accordance with agreed budget;
- Work co-operatively with Departmental Managers to ensure Company policies, procedures and associated standards are maintained to exceptional levels in a safe manner. Where failings are identified, implement practicable steps, identify root cause and preventative measures;
- ·Liaise and collaborate with departmental managers to develop GMP initiatives. Ensure any ensuing non-conformances are actioned to minimise and/or prevent re-occurrences;
- ·Design, update and implement comprehensive HACCP plans in accordance with BRC requirements and Customer standards, through effective leadership of the HACCP team;
- Lead, manage, maintain and support the provision of additional services by ensuring compliance with all BRC and Marine Stewardship Council requirements;
- Manage, develop and co-ordinate positive customer technical relationships, inclusive of written and verbal communication and site visit management.
- Manage and co-ordinate local authority (EHO & TSO) / technical relationships inclusive of written and verbal communication and site visit management;
- Ensure adequate facilities and personnel resource are available to maintain a programme of sampling, inspection, testing and sensory assessment of raw material, work in progress and finished products are available, inclusive of packaging materials;
- Promote Company Food Hygiene and Environmental Policies;
- Comprehend the business plans for continued growth and interpret details to enhance the reputation of the business. Ensure the plans for the business are fully integrated with the Company’s technical strategy;
- Observe and promote Company Health and Safety policy and safe working practices at all times;
- Carry out other duties within your remit as directed;
- Adopt ‘best practice’ in accordance with Company processes and procedures and adhere to Company guidelines.
Established in 2002. Food manufacturing recruitment specialists. Multidisciplinary, across permanent, interim & contract positions.
Our core specialist areas are:
Operations General Managers / Factory Managers
Production Managers / Shift Managers
Area Managers / Team Leaders
Production Planners / Supply Chain
Commercial Purchasing Professionals
Category Managers / Category Analysts
Development NPD Managers / NPD Technologists
Process Managers / Process Technologists
Technical Technical Managers
Quality Managers / Quality Auditors
Engineering All aspects
- 07961 044961
Apply for Quality Manager
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert