Deputy Product Quality Manager
- Raynor Foods Ltd
- CM1 3TH, Chelmsford
- £28,000 - £30,000 (DOE)
- Closing date
- 8 Jun 2023
- Technical, Technologists
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Deputy Product Quality Manager - Chelmsford, Essex, CM1 3TH
Salary : £28,000.00-£30,000.00 (depending on experience)
12 hour shift Day shift Monday to Friday Weekend availability
Raynor Foods is a leading independent manufacturer of chilled and frozen food in the dynamic and exciting ‘Food to Go’ market, with a strong national and international customer base. We are the nation’s premier supplier of fresh quality food, made daily.
The company is a long-standing family business with a strong focus on quality, service, and innovation. Having invested over £3m into new facilities and equipment we are experiencing a sustained period of rapid growth.
Reporting to the Product Quality Manager you will ensure every product achieves the Raynor Quality Standard, raising quality related non-conformances to the department.
- Oversee the quality function on the factory floor, 99% of your time will be spent there - Note this is not a desk job
- Implement corrective actions to quality complaints
- Feedback quality concerns, taking ownership of the problem until solved
- Make real time decisions on the quality status of products and if necessary, halt production or hold back product(s) until solved Ensure food safety requirements are adhered to
- Ensure quality records are fully completed and submitted for review
- Ensure the QC function, including goods in controls.
- Training staff using company guidelines, provide ongoing support.
- Monitor QA’S for quarterly progress reports
- Motivate QA‘S to perform to their best.
- Deputising the Product Quality Manager when required
- Other day to day duties as required by the business
- Superb eye for detail
- Excellent communicator
- Able to work at pace and under pressure
- Quick decision maker
- Problem solver with ‘hands on’ attitude
- Reliable self-starter
- Able to work effectively in a busy and noisy environment
- Manage team of quality advocates
- Eager to learn and adopt new skills
Extensive and comprehensive training will be given, in addition to this the candidate is required to have:
- Good understanding of food safety and quality
- Basic understanding of food manufacturing/production
- Managing busy functions
- Working and making decisions in fast moving environments
- Background in food
- Good grasp of English
- Company pension Discounted or free food
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- Sick pay
Raynor Foods is one of the leading wholesale sandwich suppliers in the UK. For over 30 years Raynor Foods has led the way in the sandwich and Food to Go industry, developing the knowledge and experience that our customers have come to rely on.
Apply for Deputy Product Quality Manager
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert