- Raynor Foods Ltd
- CM1 3TH, Chelmsford
- £11.00 – £12.00 per hour
- Closing date
- 8 Jun 2023
- Production & Manufacturing, Quality Assurance (QA), Operatives
- Contract Type
- Full Time
QA - Chelmsford, Essex, CM1 3TH
Hourly Pay: £11.00 – £12.00/ hour – depending on the experience (Sunday, enhanced pay)
Shift based role 5 days on, 2 days off, AM or PM shift (Saturday off every week)
Raynor Foods is a leading independent manufacturer of chilled and frozen food in the dynamic and exciting ‘Food to Go’ market, with a strong national and international customer base. We are the nation’s premier supplier of fresh quality food, made daily.
The company is a long-standing family business with a strong focus on quality, service, and innovation. Having invested over £3m into new facilities and equipment we are experiencing a sustained period of rapid growth.
Reporting to the Product Quality Manager you will maintain high standards of food safety and quality of our products. Identifying areas of non-conformance that arise through both the quality of the ingredients and the quality of the process steps in the production of our products and assisting to address them.
- Work in partnership with the manufacturing team and QCP operators to maintain and improve the quality.
- It is essential that at the same time, you will maintain effective communication channels with production and the SID team.
- Checking sample orders and confirming quality suitability for dispatch.
- Work to produce the highest quality products ensuring that quality comes before speed.
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are being followed correctly by other production staff.
- Work, communicate and report quality problems with team leaders and ensure problems are solved or products isolated.
- To encourage, motivate and train staff to recognise quality defects in products and raw materials, especially on products as they go down the line.
- Monitoring Mass Production and Core Production by completing its relevant paperwork on the factory floor including non-conformance and Quality Standards.
- Ensuring the retention of mass production samples is taken and stored in the designated area.
- Ensuring samples of hand portion ingredients are displayed on the line.
- Raw materials quality checks in low risk Quality of mixes and ingredients in the preparation room
- Control packaging and label changeover in high care, ensuring that the right product goes into the right packaging or uses the correct labels, and the correct date is printed.
- Request from the admin office of any additional printed labels, if required by production Carrying out our daily internal audit (technical walkabout)
- Monitoring of product reseal process to ensure that the correct packaging is used, and the correct date/label is applied.
- Be able to multi-task. Must have an excellent eye for detail.
- Be tolerant and patient with others.
- Confident to give others feedback.
- Must have good confidence and be able to challenge staff with areas of concern.
- Co-operates and works well with others throughout the company in pursuit of team goals, sharing information and supporting others.
- Constantly mindful of ethical standards both personally and professionally, showing integrity, reliability, and trustworthiness.
Extensive and comprehensive training will be given to the right candidate, in addition to this the candidate is required to have;
- Good understanding of Food safety and quality management systems including HACCP Team Leader Level – Food Safety Test.
- Experience fulfilling a similar role would be advantage
Raynor Foods is one of the leading wholesale sandwich suppliers in the UK. For over 30 years Raynor Foods has led the way in the sandwich and Food to Go industry, developing the knowledge and experience that our customers have come to rely on.
Apply for QA
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert