Technical Compliance Officer
- Raynor Foods Ltd
- CM1 3TH, Chelmsford
- £28,000 - £30,000 (DOE)
- Closing date
- 8 Jun 2023
- Technical, Technologists
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Technical Compliance Officer - Chelmsford, Essex, CM1 3TH
Salary : £28,000 - £30,000 (depending on experience)
5-day week. Week 1 – Sun to Thu and Week 2 – Mon to Fri, 45 hours per week. Start time 6 AM.
Some flexibility is required in this role due to its production-facing element.
Raynor Foods is a leading independent manufacturer of chilled and frozen food in the dynamic and exciting ‘Food to Go’ market, with a strong national and international customer base. We are the nation’s premier supplier of fresh quality food, made daily.
The company is a long-standing family business with a strong focus on quality, service, and innovation. Having invested over £3m into new facilities and equipment we are experiencing a sustained period of rapid growth.
Reporting to the Technical Custodian you will be responsible for the implementation, auditing, and continual improvement of the FSQMS by providing technical support to the production, maintenance, quality, and hygiene teams. Carrying out internal audits including the initialisation and delivery of corrective actions following non-conformances and daily reports.
Support the functions of the department ensuring that the daily and weekly technical functions are carried out and key food safety protocols adhere.
- Maintaining and promoting food safety, quality, legality, and authenticity across all the business
- To check and verify the CCPs ensuring they are operating within specification and that they have been checked and paperwork completed.
- Ensuring the production line staff adhere to good manufacturing & good hygiene practices and providing advice or training as needed in all areas.
- Work closely with the production and quality team in terms of quality/safety issues to ensure all relevant information is recorded, communicated, and investigated.
- Ensuring traceability paperwork is always completed and challenged to ensure accuracy.
- Ensure that agreed corrective action or preventative action is taken and monitored in prescribed timescale.
- To support and progress our food safety culture.
- To ensure all daily documents and paperwork are checked and verified.
- Taking ATP internal swabs and reporting findings as required or directed.
- Weekly scales and temperature probes internal calibration
- Product weekly weight checks
- Conduct abuse tests on all CCP’s at predetermined intervals.
- Conduct the quarterly procedure audits.
- And other day-to-day duties as required by the business.
- Diligent with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to lead with authority.
- Enthusiasm and passion for food products Analytical and technical skills
- Hands-on attitude and good communicator on all levels
- Proactive approach to problem-solving
Extensive and comprehensive training will be given, in addition to this the candidate is required to have:
- Good knowledge of food safety and quality Food safety level 3
- Previous experience working in a food manufacturing environment in a similar role, but not essential.
- Familiar with Windows, MS Word, Excel, SharePoint and PowerPoint.
- Good grasp of formal English with regard to reporting writing and correspondence.
- Experience with internal auditing
Raynor Foods is one of the leading wholesale sandwich suppliers in the UK. For over 30 years Raynor Foods has led the way in the sandwich and Food to Go industry, developing the knowledge and experience that our customers have come to rely on.
Apply for Technical Compliance Officer
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert