- Raynor Foods Ltd
- CM1 3TH, Chelmsford
- £40k per annum
- Closing date
- 8 Jun 2023
- Engineering, Production & Manufacturing
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Shift Engineer - Chelmsford, Essex, CM1 3TH
Salary : £40k per annum
Raynor Foods is a leading independent manufacturer of chilled and frozen food in the dynamic and exciting ‘Food to Go’ market, with a strong national and international customer base. We are the nation’s premier supplier of fresh quality food, made daily.
The company is a long-standing family business with a strong focus on quality, service, and innovation. Having invested over £3m into new facilities and equipment we are experiencing a sustained period of rapid growth.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager your role will be to maintain and improve machinery and buildings maintenance activities throughout business.
Work pattern: Rotating Shifts - Mornings and Afternoons 5.30am to 2.30pm, 2pm to 10pm and Sundays 5.30 am 2.30pm
- To ensure that all servicing, PPM’s, and repairs are carried out in accordance with Company Procedures
- To carry out breakdown repairs quickly and efficiently
- To ensure that all planned preventative maintenance is carried out in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- To follow health and safety legislations at all times
- To complete all necessary documentation that is required to maintain stock levels and engineering records.
- To participate in all ongoing training programmes (on-site and off-site) To provide guidance and assistance to apprentices
- To complete any potential projects or improvement work set by the engineering supervisors.
- Monitor equipment and highlight repetitive issues and work towards finding a solution.
- Manufacture spares in house where possible and when required.
- Actively involve apprentices in project and improvement work and pass on any machine knowledge relevant to their development.
Experience & Core Skills
- Must have gained engineering skills in electrical, mechanical or multiskilled.
- Must hold a formal engineering qualification minimum City & Guilds pt3 or NVQ level 3.
- Fault finding electrical and mechanical or both.
- Diagnose circuit drawings.
- Able to work under own supervision.
- Work to time basis Must have a flexible approach to working patterns.
- Must demonstrate good hygiene practices.
- Be forward thinking. Must have a progressive attitude towards training.
- Carry out the duty to apply all Raynor Food’s Health & Safety Policies or associated documentation and fulfil the requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act and Environmental Legislation.
- Be flexible in terms of providing shift cover at busy and seasonal periods.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work within pre-determined guidelines (supervised tasks)
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills in order to liaise with all levels of staff within production regarding on-going engineering issues.
- Make quick and accurate decisions.
- A working knowledge of a food processing environment
- Engineering in a manufacturing environment
- Manual handling
- Basic food hygiene food
- PLC knowledge
- Welding (tig)
Raynor Foods is one of the leading wholesale sandwich suppliers in the UK. For over 30 years Raynor Foods has led the way in the sandwich and Food to Go industry, developing the knowledge and experience that our customers have come to rely on.
Apply for Shift Engineer
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert