Head of Purchasing
- Protea Recruitment Ltd
- Newry, Mourne & Down
- Closing date
- 7 Jun 2023
- Buying/Purchasing, Sales/Commercial, Supply Chain, FMCG Jobs
- Contract Type
- Full Time
job title: Head of Purchasing
Schedule: Monday - Friday
- Graduate level with extensive experience in managing procurement functions in a complex FMCG business (MCIPS certified or equivalent)
- Team player.
- Strong numeric and verbal reasoning skills / IT literate.
- Experience with S&OP.
- Good attention to detail and an excellent communicator.
- Ability to make difficult decisions and to take a calm and measured approach in a pressurised environment.
- Ability to influence stakeholders at all levels.
- Proven experience in building excellent supplier relationships.
- Negotiate overall best terms ensuring that the supply base and product meet the required business objectives in terms of financial, technical, corporate social responsibility, innovation, brand positioning and customer expectations.
- Ensure that formal and up-to-date contracts of trading are in place with all key suppliers.
- Run a monthly report showing variances against budget cost standards for key areas of spending together with associated plans to rectify any areas of under-recovery.
- Utilise monthly commercial forecasts, and MRP system, to replenish future business needs in terms of ingredients and packaging demand.
- Put in place a profit improvement plan that will deliver incremental procurement savings to those already assumed in the budget.
- Regular meetings with top ten suppliers involving other members of the SLT, MD and CEO as required.
- Develop formal product sector category strategies, that develop a deep understanding of each area of key spending, together with associated short, medium, and long-term proposed procurement plans.
- Constantly update overall quality market intelligence gathering to ensure strong positioning in all price negotiations, to best manage risk, and to ensure better-informed sourcing decisions across all areas of business spending.
- Regular meetings with the Head of Commercial to fully share learnings regarding key product sector strategies and overall market intelligence.
- Member of the Innovation committee with a view to sourcing needs and constantly presenting updates on key suppliers' latest innovation ideas/trends.
- Attend all business Sales & Operational (S&OP) planning meetings and update on required actions as needed.
- Develop risk management strategies, with supporting action plans, to minimise any adverse business impact due to supply chain issues.
- Manage the raw materials and packaging replenishment team via regular communication and ensure up-to-date job descriptions are in place.
How to Apply:
Please send a copy of your CV or call John on 07809117856 or 0131 3778 7222 option 3 for more details
Lead consultant for this vacancy: John Small
**Protea Recruitment has authorization from our client to advertise and recruit on their behalf.
If you have not heard from one of our consultants within five working days from submission, you have not met the criteria of this vacancy set by our client and are unsuccessful in moving to the next stage.
Thanks for applying
With over 15 years of recruitment experience, Protea Recruitment constantly strives to be the best in the market, offering a flexible, pragmatic and honest approach to recruitment.
Specialising in the Food, Drinks, FMCG & Consumer Goods sector, Protea offers the full recruitment service from Head Hunting & Retained to Search, including Permanent, Interim & Contract solutions throughout the UK and further afield.
Partnering with both the client and candidate, we focus our search on talent, experience, ability, team fit, and culture
Our specialist areas include:
- Technical & Quality
- Health and Safety
- NPD and Development Chefs
- Product Design
- Project Management
- Supply Chain
- Warehouse / Distribution
- Logistics & Transport
- Marketing Jobs
- Production & Operation
- Sales & Marketing
- General Manager
- Director/ Board Level/ CEO/ Managing Director
Apply for Head of Purchasing
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert