- Food Careers
- Newbury, Berkshire
- to £70,000 pa + Benefits
- Closing date
- 3 Jun 2023
- Operational Management, Packaging, Production & Manufacturing, FMCG Jobs
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Salary £65,000 pa - £70,000 pa + Benefits
An exciting opportunity for a Factory Manager to join a fast-paced food manufacturing business and make a major contribution to the further development and success of the company.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the Factory Manager will hold full Operational responsibility for managing the day-to-day operation in a safe, consistent and compliant manner, assisting the business in achieving its vision, strategy and financial targets. The individual appointed will assume responsibility for Production, Planning, Engineering, Warehouse, Distribution, Health & Safety, Quality, Technical.
The Factory Manager appointed will drive continuous improvement and lead the implementation of the Manufacturing and Operations strategy. They will sit on the senior management team and use their knowledge and experience to influence decisions affecting business profitability and growth.
Responsibilities of the role includes:
- Deliver the Manufacturing / Operations strategy, ensuring this is clearly understood and ‘owned’ by the Manufacturing and Operations team.
- Work at a strategic level to deliver excellence within the Factory, meeting challenging KPI’s: Safety, Quality, Service, OEE, Yield, On-Time-In-Full (OTIF), Non-Compliance/complaints.
- Manage Operational costs and inflation control including Operational budget and CAPEX spend responsibility.
- Ensure all personnel work to the highest of standards across Quality, Food Safety, Hygiene and GMP.
- Take the lead role in the management and development of staff to ensure high levels of motivation and engagement.
- The Factory Manager will be a Key member of the NPD process, ensuring trials run effectively and new products are introduced to manufacturing in a smooth and timely fashion.
- Management, development, and improvement of all aspects of the production area.
- Analyse production, wastage and other performance data to highlight areas for improvement.
- Promote a no blame culture where individuals at all levels are confident to challenge the status quo and suggest areas for improvement.
- Review Operational working practices with a view to improving efficiencies, adding value and reducing costs.
- Plan, Organise, Manage and Motivate to maximise production output, ensuring equipment and staff are working effectively and efficiently.
Applicants for this role should have previous Factory Manager / General Manager / Site Manager / Operations Manager / Production Manager / Manufacturing Management experience within a Food Manufacturing environment, strong leadership skills, great CI skills and a talent for developing people and processes. Ref 3410
Food Careers is a recruitment consultancy providing job opportunities within Global Food Manufacturing, handling Permanent & Interim recruitment assignments in a salary range of £25,000 to £120,000 pa. Food Careers specialize in recruiting for 'difficult to fill' roles and have been in business for 20 years.
Clients range from Global corporations to niche Food & Drink manufacturers. Disciplines covered include: Manufacturing & Operations, Quality/Technical/Laboratory, Engineering, Supply Chain/Logistics, Purchasing, NPD/Process Development, Sales & Marketing, Brand/Product/Commercial, HR, Hygiene/Health/Risk. Food Careers also provides Consultancy in: Management System Implementation, NPD, Food Science.
- 0161 776 4611
Stanley House, Suite 4
19-23 Crofts Bank Road
Apply for Factory Manager
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert