Food and Drink Advanced Engineering Degree Apprenticeship
- Leicestershire, Leicester
- Closing date
- 2 Jun 2023
- Supply Chain
- Contract Type
- Full Time
There's No One Else Quite Like You. Your Skills And Talents. Your Personal Experiences. Your Point Of View. Your Dreams.
Because we've seen the amazing things that can happen when we dare to be different ourselves, that's why we're continually taking on new challenges, introducing new products, delivering surprising moments and creating what's next. We're excited to see what we can accomplish when your skills, ideas and perspectives meet our dynamic team.
PepsiCo UK is home to some of the world's most loved food and drink products including; Walkers, Doritos, Quaker, Naked Juice and many more. We have a fantastic reputation for developing and launching products that our consumers love; through innovation and pioneering marketing of our products.
Globally, PepsiCo operates in more than 200 countries with an annual Net Revenue of over $66 billion. We are over 250,000 game changers, mountain movers and history makers, scattered around the world, and united by a shared set of values and goals. PepsiCo generated more than $64 billion in net revenue in 2018, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola and Quaker. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. "Winning with Purpose" reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business.
To support in this ambition, PepsiCo is now on the lookout for its future technical leaders! This new Apprenticeship Programme is an exciting opportunity to shape your career and help you reach your full potential. The BEng (Hons) Food Engineering is a Degree Apprenticeship Programme that aims to develop and produce a highly skilled and technically capable individual. Academic knowledge underpins the vocational skills gained from the workplace to produce competencies relevant to the industry as a whole.
The apprenticeship programme
- Offers an industry relevant degree programme that places the student's learning experience at the centre of every activity.
- Provides a student the opportunity to develop intellectual curiosity, their powers of creativity and innovation, and to reach their full potential in all aspects of university life.
- Provides a student opportunities for access and personal and professional development that will inspire a commitment to life-long learning.
- Produces graduates who are better able to apply theory to everyday practical examples within their workplace and have the skills to be the very best version of themselves in their role.
- As is common practise with apprenticeships, you will spend 80% of your time gaining experience within roles across the supply chain functions and 20% studying with our partner university.
- This study time will primarily be online, with block release for in person lectures and workshops roughly once per quarter. All travel & accommodation is covered by PepsiCo.
- The programme modules are outlined below:
BEng (Hons) Food Engineering Level 6
Ø Materials Science for Food Engineers
Ø CAD & Technical Drawing
Ø Mathematics for Engineers
Ø Health & Safety, Energy and the Environment
Ø Statistics & Dynamics
Ø Introduction to Robotics
Ø Electrical Technology
Ø Food Safety, Quality Assurance and HACCP
Ø Applied Thermofluids
Ø Control Systems
Ø Food Packaging Systems and Machinery
Ø Hygienic Design and Cleaning Systems
Ø Unit Operations and Food Process Engineering
Ø Dynamics or Analogue Electronics
Ø Solid Body Mechanics or Digital Systems
Ø Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement
Ø Automation and Robotics for the Food Industry
Ø Advanced Food Sector Business, Finance, People and Performance
Ø Industry Project (EPA) - Automation Option: Food Process Control and Automation, Production Option: Food Process Systems or Mechanical Option: Equipment and Process Design
- Workplace practical projects will enhance learning from the online and in person lectures whilst gaining hands-on work experience within the Food and Drink industry
- At the conclusion of the course you will have reached the required standard to receive a BEng (Hons) Food Engineering Level 6 from a UK University.
- Further information on the apprenticeship standard is available here: https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/food-and-drink-advanced-engineer-integrated-degree-v1-0
- Strong work ethic: Positive attitude, motivated by engineering; dependable, ethical, responsible and reliable.
- Logical but agile and adaptable in approach:Able to structure a plan and develop activities following a logical thought process, but also able to quickly "think on feet" when working through them.
- Problem solving orientation: Identifies issues quickly, enjoys solving complex problems and applies appropriate solutions. Has a strong desire to push to ensure the true root cause of any problem is found and a solution identified which prevents further recurrence.
- Clear communicator:Use a variety of appropriate communication methods to give/receive information accurately, and in a timely and positive manner.
- Team player:Not only plays own part but able to work and communicate clearly and effectively within a team and interacts/ helps others when required. In doing so applies these skills in a respectful professional manner.
- Self-Motivation:A 'self-starter', with a thirst to learn and give their best, sets themselves challenging targets, can make their own decisions, demonstrating both tenacity and resilience.
- GCSE Maths and English at grade 5/6 (B/C) and above.
- X3 GCSE's above grade 4 (C) in a Science, Technology or Engineering related subject.
- A Level Maths at grade C and above.
- or 90+ credits in an Engineering BTEC at level 3.
Salary and Benefits
You will be given a starting salary of £22,000 and be eligible for annual pay increases in line with other employees. Promotions are available at certain junctures in the course and will be rewarded appropriately.
We believe hard work is important, but we also know a balance is essential. We therefore provide some fantastic flexible benefits alongside a great work life balance; from a competitive pension scheme to discounted cinema tickets... there's something for everyone.
1. Sumbit the application by 29th of May
2. Complete on-line video screening assessment sent to you by HR between 4th- 29th of May
3. Attend on-site Assesment Center on June/July.
Additional advert information
- Vacancies: x3
- Locations: midlands based (Leicester x1 / Coventry x2)
Our 5,500 PepsiCo employees in the UK are the reason for our success. We are committed to recruiting, training and retaining good people.
Company programmes help our employees manage their careers, train for advancement, increase their knowledge and skills and participate in lifestyle and personal development opportunities.To attract and retain the best people, we believe in creating a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion, where everyone has an equal opportunity to contribute and succeed.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert