- £45,000 to £60,000 plus £8,400 car allowance and up to 20% Bonus Scheme
- Closing date
- 2 Jun 2023
- Technical, Technologists
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Salary: £45,000 to £60,000 plus £8,400 car allowance and up to 20% Bonus Scheme
Contract Type: Permanent
Excellent career progression prospects across the Bakkavor group
Highly competitive reward package including Group Pension, Private Healthcare, Bonus Scheme, £8,400 Car Allowance, Life Insurance.
We are the leading provider of fresh prepared food in the UK, with an international presence in the US and China. With over 19,000 employees operating from over 40 locations, we provide high-quality, fresh, healthy and convenient food for our customers. Our customers include every major UK grocery retailer, including Tesco, Marks & Spencer, Sainsbury's and Waitrose, and some of the world’s best-known food brands.
This particular role is based at our Bakkavor Breads site in Barton-upon-Humber, close to the Humber Bridge. This factory specialises in making chilled speciality baguettes at high volume and employs over 160 people. The site is located 14 miles from Hull, 16 miles from Scunthorpe and 24 miles from Grimsby and is one of eight factories that are part of the Bakkavor Bakery sector in the UK.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Manager to join our manufacturing team at our Bread site based in Barton.
In this busy and exciting role, you will manage and motivate the Technical and QA team in monitoring and evaluating product, processing systems, factory practices and will hold responsibility for ensuring agreed high standards of quality and food safety.
- Understanding and applying relevant standards and codes of practice so that company, customer, BRC and legal requirements are achieved and maintained.
- Ensuring that the requirements of HACCP are implemented, maintained and achieved.
- Evaluating risks and defining controls, prior to the introduction of a new process, product or raw material.
Quality Management Systems
- Understanding, implementing and reviewing quality management systems associated with the production of food to the agreed safety and quality standards.
- Implementing and maintaining an audit system to ensure that critical procedures for product safety, legality and quality are in place and complied with – reviewing all internal findings, identifying trends and taking appropriate preventative measures.
- Supporting the business with management/hosting of audits, dealing with response and closing out of non-conformance reports as required.
- Effectively communicating with internal and external customers, suppliers and production teams to ensure all technical needs of the business are met.
- Leading, motivating and inspiring the Quality team in line with Bakkavor Values to achieve personal development and continuous improvement - ensuring that direct reports are properly equipped to undertake their roles
- Generating technical business KPI information, communicating trends, developing action plans and highlighting issues to continually improve and drive the business forward.
Management & Support
- Providing practical support and drive to promote a Quality Assurance culture in the Business.
Health and Safety
- Ensuring that a safe working environment exists for all employees within the QA team and that as a minimum the standards set out in the H&S manual are met.
- Leads the site delivery and launch of new and existing product development and operational improvement, ensuring technical standards are updated and in place.
You will hold considerable experience of a quality or technical role in a food manufacturing or FMCG environment.
Driving a culture of audit readiness, best practice, and leading resolution of project issues by negotiating in a pragmatic and calm objective manner, will be top of your agenda.
You will have the ability to build long lasting relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, supported by excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Strong organisation and the ability to achieve results through effective people management whilst showing an agility to adapt and thrive when working under pressure - will all be key.
This a fantastic opening to join a world leading Food Manufacturer with endless development and career opportunities.
Please click ‘Apply Now’ to be considered for this fantastic opening.
Bakkavor is one of the leading providers of fresh prepared food in the UK, with an international presence in the US and China. Our 19,000 employees operate from 39 locations, developing and producing innovative food for a wide variety of occasions and budgets. In the UK, we work with leading grocery retailers, focusing on their own label brands.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert