Junior Development Chef
- Cumberland - London
- Highly competitive rewards package
- Closing date
- 2 Jun 2023
- Development Chefs, New Product Development, Technologists
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Junior Development Chef
Cumberland - London
37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday
25 days holiday + bank holidays
Highly competitive rewards package including Group Pension
Excellent career progression prospects across the Bakkavor group
We are the leading provider of fresh prepared food in the UK, with an international presence in the US and China. Our 19,000 employees develop and produce innovative food for a wide variety of occasions and budgets. In the UK, we work with leading grocery retailers, focusing on their own label brands.
In London, Bakkavor Meals employs over 2,400 people across three sites and a distribution centre in the Park Royal area. These sites specialise in making chilled ready meals, humus dips, deli products and savoury accompaniments, and are part of Bakkavor's Meals sector which has eight factories in total in the UK.
Job Accountabilities include:
- Building effective internal working relationships across the functions to ensure successful delivery of product development.
- Supports the category development plan through inspirational food, product and process ideation
- Ensures product development delivers the balance of the required quality and innovation within required commercial parameters.
- Supports the team to generate and effectively deliver the Development activity to the highest standard
- Is open to change and strives for continuous improvement in delivery, behaviours and values.
- Demonstrates passion and flair with best in class food and presentation skills
- Develops NPD and EPD, to an agreed quality and timescale, based on a strong understanding of Business capability and all other relevant development parameters.
- Supports the team and wider business in maintaining quality standards and driving quality initiatives.
- Supports and inspires the business with food knowledge, culinary experience and expertise
- Works collaboratively to deliver product development through the process. Is able to convert feedback into appropriate action. Fully understands relevant site capabilities.
- Drives a food innovation agenda, delivering commercial growth through inspirational product development. Has good awareness of relevant food trends
Bakkavor is one of the leading providers of fresh prepared food in the UK, with an international presence in the US and China. Our 19,000 employees operate from 39 locations, developing and producing innovative food for a wide variety of occasions and budgets. In the UK, we work with leading grocery retailers, focusing on their own label brands.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert