- Bo'ness, Falkirk
- Highly competitive rewards package
- Closing date
- 2 Jun 2023
- Development Chefs, New Product Development, Technologists
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Development Technologist - Bo'ness
37.5 hours per week
08.30am - 5pm Monday - Friday
Highly competitive rewards package including Group Pension
Excellent career progression prospects across the Bakkavor group
We are the leading provider of fresh prepared food in the UK, with an international presence in the US and China. Our 19,000 employees operate from 39 locations, developing and producing innovative food for a wide variety of occasions and budgets. In the UK, we work with leading grocery retailers, focusing on their own label brands.
We are looking to recruit a Development Technologist to work as an integral part of the development team in producing innovative food products - that can be mass produced without any loss of quality or taste, which reflect our customer's trends and requirements.
You will provide support at all key stages from concept / ideation to handover to the Process Team ensuring a smooth transition
- Business Communication: Has relationships with relevant functions to support the Development process activity.
- Customer: Has good overall awareness of retailer development requirements
- Culinary: Demonstrates an interest and passion within product area.
- Product Innovation: Able to identify emerging food and market trends with a passion for food and a drive to innovate
- Business Knowledge: Has a good understanding of the relevant site capabilities.
- Product Development Cycle: Uses recipe management systems to generate all key recipe information and costings in line with the commercial targets. Delivers all Development tasks to the required standard and timescale.
- Market Awareness: Is aware of comparative products from all retailers and captures and communicates relevant changes and newness.
- Pipeline Management: Inputs clear and accurate detail into Sector Pipeline document
You will ideally
- Excellent organisational, investigative problem solving and communication skills
- Drive, energy and enthusiasm
- Previous experience of working within a results orientated team
- Good standard of IT skills to include power point, word and excel
Bakkavor is one of the leading providers of fresh prepared food in the UK, with an international presence in the US and China. Our 19,000 employees operate from 39 locations, developing and producing innovative food for a wide variety of occasions and budgets. In the UK, we work with leading grocery retailers, focusing on their own label brands.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert