- Mondelez International
- Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Closing date
- 31 May 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
PROCESS ENGINEER - Sheffield
Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It With Pride.
The purpose of the Process Engineer role is to serve the line operators and technicians by building their capability to eliminate losses, through the use of systematic approaches and equipment / process knowledge. Driving improvement in reliability and stability of line operations and processes.
How you will contribute
• Loss analysis and ownership/delivery of cost metric (through GE and Waste) for Line
o Understand key losses on the production lines
o Identify improvement opportunities and projects.
o Take responsibility for implementation by leading and coaching the line teams.
• Drive Process reliability and stability by solving the chronic problems on the line.
o Understand process variability on line and define systems to eliminate them.
o Define critical process parameters and centre-lines; track and ensure adherence
o Give technical confirmation to any request or project proposal that affects the process or equipment.
• Process data gathering and issues analysis.
o Implement and maintain systems to collect, collate and analyse data on key process parameters.
o Identify and prioritise process capability issues for performance or cost.
o Coach and teach the team to solve these issues.
• Technical Mastery of the line
o Become an expert in the technologies / equipment of the line.
o Develop and teach operating procedures and ensure they are fully effective.
o Develop forward plans for the technologies.
• Capability building
o Use FI systems to build capability of operators and technicians.
o Develop and deliver training and skills improvements.
o Ensure there is a high level of technical competence within the operating team.
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career and the following experience and knowledge:
- Good Interpersonal and influencing skills
- Experience of working within manufacturing, with an understanding of the equipment
- Enthusiasm to learn new processes e.g. IL6S, RCA and work alongside others
- Good knowledge of Technical disciplines such as Engineering.
- Good Knowledge of key Health and Safety legislation.
- Analytical and conceptual skills, technical judgement and design knowledge
- Knowledge of continuous improvement processes and programmes
- CI and high-performance work systems experience
- Logical and structured thinking to extract insights from data
More about this role
What you need to know about this position:
What extra ingredients you will bring:
Education / Certifications:
• University education in engineering (ideally chemical but Mechanical also considered).
Job specific requirements:
• Coaching mindset – succeed through others (Required)
• Fundamental know how and experience in food processes and products (Preferred).
• Good knowledge of engineering health and Safety and legislation (Preferred).
• Analytical and conceptual skills, technical judgement and design knowledge (Preferred).
• Knowledge of continuous improvement processes and programmes (Preferred).
• Interpersonal savvy / Understanding others.
• Placement experience in the Food Industry (Preferred).
• Preferably experience in leading or coaching others (Preferred).
The responsibilities of this position are performed within the framework of a regional business model that is defined and managed by Mondelēz Europe GmbH, Switzerland .
No Relocation support available
Business Unit Summary
At Mondelez Europe, we are proud, not only of the iconic brands we make, but also of the people who make them. Our delicious products are created in 52 plants across Europe by more than 28,000 passionate people. We are the top maker of chocolate and biscuits and a leading maker of gum and candy. We make sure our powerful global brands and local jewels like Cadbury, Milka and Alpen Gold chocolates, Oreo, belVita, LU and Tuc biscuits, and Stimorol and Dirol gums get safely into our customers hands—and mouths. Great people and great brands. That’s who we are. Join us on our journey to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
Mondelēz International is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Mondelēz International was born in 2012, but you can trace the products we make today back to the 19th century. With billion dollar brands such as Cadbury, Oreo, belVita, Milka and Trident, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and a leader in chocolate and gum.
Join more than 90,000 employees across the world and you’ll see how we combine the energy, hunger and agility of a new company with the heritage and resources of a large organization.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert