- Mondelez International
- Birmingham, West Midlands
- Closing date
- 31 May 2023
- Planning, Production & Manufacturing, Supply Chain
- Contract Type
- Full Time
PRODUCTION PLANNER - Birmingham, United Kingdom
Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It Uniquely Yours.
We are looking for future talent to join us at Mondelez International, at the home of Cadbury's in Bournville.
In the role of Production Planner, you will build finished goods and raw material plans that deliver excellent business results. Working closely with our key suppliers & business partners and ensuring strong escalation & communication where supply is at risk. This is a critical role within the Bournville planning team and you will need to have excellent attention to detail and planning skills.
How you will contribute
- Finished/ semi-finished goods scheduling – scheduling finished goods & semi-finished goods in APO following best practice processes, working closely with all areas of the factory to ensure that our semi-finished goods plans meet their needs and adherence to plans are met
- Delivery – Work closely with Supply planning hub to ensure your plans meet business need in an efficient way that creates high performing lines. Challenge where system rates differ from achieved rates in order to create a plan that is robust, accurate and in line with our CTS target.
- Materials management & housekeeping – Using Best practice MRP processes in SAP KPA, manage the ordering of packaging/SFGs for tablets lines in line with our requirements, taking into account safety stock levels, lead-time and contract availability.
- Work closely with suppliers to ensure all stocks are available 48hrs in advance of requirements. Expedite all overdue orders to understand whether they pose a supply risk. Adjust delivery due dates in line with supplier confirmation. Review and manage all supply tools & reports to ensure strong material availability. Ensure adequate contract coverage for your items for the 3 week window. Escalate quickly any potential risks to supply.
- Deputise for Lead planner by completing tasks usually completed by LP during times of holiday or absence
- Attend/ input into monthly MSR meetings for your section to ensure a strong understanding of business need. Communicate this information to your section teams to help drive the right key decisions around production
- Lead the delivery agenda in daily meetings with Section teams. Report on line performance, supply risks & CTS to ensure full alignment on material supply and planning constraints. Attend daily DMS meetings with your section, regularly visit your lines to understand processes and understand drivers of under-production affecting your lines.
- Logistics collaboration – Attend the weekly meeting with the Logistics team to monitor deliveries, address any capacity constraints in the stores and close down any open POs. Escalate to Supplier/ Procurement/ Hub in a timely manner where deliveries do not arrive as expected.
- Invoice management - manage any blocked invoices relating to your materials. Investigate root cause and ensure payment can be made within payment terms by working with planning analyst, stores team and suppliers.
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career and the following experience and knowledge:
- Experience and knowledge of SAP
- Experience working within a similar Production Planning Analyst/Planner role
- Strong facilitation and communication skills
- Ability to manipulate and validate data in manual and automated systems
- Mastery of Excel and other data analytics tools
- Logical and structured thinking to extract insights from data
More about this role
Work schedule: 100%
The responsibilities of this position are performed within the framework of a regional business model that is defined and managed by Mondelēz Europe GmbH, Switzerland.
Business Unit Summary
Mondelēz International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 150 countries around the world. We are leading the future of snacking with mouth-watering iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita, LU and Ritz biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Green & Blacks, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Philadelphia and Dairylea cheese; and Maynards Bassetts, Trebor and Trident gums. Our more than 80,000 colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That’s who we are. Join us on our journey to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
Mondelēz International is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Mondelēz International was born in 2012, but you can trace the products we make today back to the 19th century. With billion dollar brands such as Cadbury, Oreo, belVita, Milka and Trident, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and a leader in chocolate and gum.
Join more than 90,000 employees across the world and you’ll see how we combine the energy, hunger and agility of a new company with the heritage and resources of a large organization.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert