- Focus Management Consultants Ltd
- Manchester, Greater Manchester
- £40000 - £45000 per annum
- Closing date
- 30 May 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Opportunity for an experienced Ingredients or Packaging Buyer to step up to the next level and be part of a successful, fast-paced food manufacturing business.
This is a great opportunity for a Buyer with strong food manufacturing experience to step up to the next level. You'll be joining a leading UK food business supplying tasty, innovative products to all of the big grocery retailers. Reporting into the Head of Buying you'll be an integral part of the procurement team within the business and will manage a defined category of ingredients in a role crucial to the future success of the business. Working in strategic partnership with suppliers, internal stakeholders, NPD, Technical and Replenishment you will be a key force in delivering best in class purchasing performance.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage day to day relationships with key suppliers
- Run tenders and negotiate best price and terms
- Identify, manage, and execute potential savings in raw materials
- Provide relevant business updates on category dynamics
- Develop suppliers to meet business needs
- Source and review new raw materials in partnership with NPD team requirements
You will have strong ingredients or packaging buying experience gained from a food manufacturing environment and have an in-depth knowledge of the food supplier markets. You'll be commercially aware and comfortable operating in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment to tight deadlines. Excellent communication skills will be a given, along with strong project management skills.
To apply please send me your details.
Founded in 1990, Focus delivers excellent recruitment solutions in the changing world of the food and drink industry. We are proud of our talented team of knowledgeable recruitment specialists covering all functions and sectors offering a bespoke service for our clients.
We provide Permanent and Interim recruitment solutions across Manufacturing, Retail, Foodservice, Food Technology, Product Development, Procurement, Supply Chain, Engineering, HR, Sales & Marketing from Graduate to Board Level.
We’ve worked across the globe, recruiting for start-ups through to large international organisations. We have helped and made a real difference to a vast array of clients working collaboratively as they recruit the very best talent to support their strategies.
Our guiding principles and culture are built on 3 pillars:
- An employee-owned business where we all thrive A business with a culture of pride, trust, kindness and wanting to be the BEST
- An environment that embraces lifestyle goals offering balance, fun and an engaging place to work
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert