- Freshcut Foods
- Beeston, Nottingham
- £Competitive based on skills and experience
- Closing date
- 26 Apr 2023
- Operational Management, Production & Manufacturing, FMCG Jobs
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Do you work in Production Management? Are you looking for your next challenge? Freshcut Foods are currently looking to recruit a new Supervisor to effectively lead a team of Production Operatives to ensure that productions plans are completed on time and in full.
Freshcut Foods is the UK’s leading manufacturer of added value plant based ingredients. Our customers are major household names across the food service, retail, and delivery box sectors. Operating out of our three well invested sites in Nottingham, we continue our rapid expansion while remaining dynamic and leading the way in vegetable innovation.
We are looking for applicants who are hardworking, who take pride in their work, and have an eye for detail. You must also maintain a high level of accuracy in a fast paced environment. Good communication skills are also essential as you will be working as part of a team in this role.
Joining Freshcut Foods is also joining a community that nurtures its workforce, with regular food events and staff recognition. We strive to ensure our colleagues are rewarded for their dedication and hard work, while working together to produce products to a high standard.
- Manage the workload in the department.
- Manage the team of Operatives and Team Leaders in a professional manner.
- Ensure that the department is kept clean and well organised at all times.
- Effectively and professionally, communicate with stakeholders and other teams.
- Develop the skills and knowledge of the team ensuring that team members are signed off on required machinery.
- Ensure that information is captured in an accurate and timely fashion to complete the businesses quality systems.
- Communicate effectively with the senior team to ensure that products are delivered according to the customers’ requirements.
- Ensure that Health and Safety regulations are followed throughout the department
- People management including investigations, return to works, absence management and inductions.
- Work with management to ensure that KPI’s are met regarding labour usage, vision completion and agency usage
- Encourage a LEAN manufacturing and continuous improvement culture
- Reviewing all of the processes within your area to increase efficiency, productivity and quality while striving to lower cost.
- Create a team culture so that operational excellence is achieved at all time.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 2-3yrs Supervisory experience within FMCG
- Evidence of building and developing a team
- Good knowledge of Vegetarian Food Products
- Experience in LEAN Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written
- Experience in continuously achieving KPI’s
- Certificates in HAACP, IOSH and Food Safety are desirable
- Desire to complete qualifications in Leadership in the form of an NVQ
- A competitive salary
- A supportive management team with an open door policy
- 8% contributory pension (5% contributed by you)
- 28 days holiday (increasing by 1 day a year to a maximum of 5)
- Life assurance up to 3x salary
- Extra holiday days on 5, 10, 15, and 20 years of service
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Membership to The Company Shop based in Long Eaton
- Monthly team lunches, Christmas hampers and team building events
- Opportunities to take part in Degree Level Apprenticeships and training courses if required
- Opportunities to progress with a promote from within attitude
- Close to good transport links (bus and tram) with car parking available on site
For many years we have made it our business to be the best at producing all manner of bespoke cooked and raw ready-to-eat vegetables and carbohydrates for our growing list of customers. An in-depth knowledge of our products, customers and marketplace, coupled with a drive and commitment to exceed expectations – is at the heart of what we do.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert