Shift Technical Manager
- The English Provender Co.
- Thatcham, Berkshire
- Up to £55,000 per annum
- Closing date
- 14 Apr 2023
- Quality Assurance (QA), Technical, FMCG Jobs
- Contract Type
- Full Time
You will be one of two Shift Technical Managers to take on the day to day running of the factory from a technical perspective. Taking accountability for the technical and QA activities within the factory during the shift, you will be accountable for delivering the technical agenda within the factory and this will be supported by a multi-disciplined QA team who you will be responsible for effectively managing.
You will have the remit of making real time decisions within the factory to ensure we stay legal and compliant with product but also systems and ways of working. For the right candidate you will have the chance to make a real impression and implement effective change.
1. Demonstrate role model effective and fair leadership behaviours. Ensuring effective communication between technical shift managers.
2. Responsible for ensuring product safety and quality at the Newbury site.
3. Drive site compliance to certification requirements & customer codes of practice i.e. BRC
4. Be the lead for the technical function during customer audits and technical visits.
5. Senior member of the HACCP team driving site compliance with food safety plan and facilitating continuous improvement of both CCP and prerequisite programmes controls.
6. Act as a food safety and quality guardian in the incident process and during the decision-making process and ensure real time decisions are made.
7. Challenge the need for concessions from established by procedures practices and drive change.
8. Support other members of wider technical team to drive key technical KPIs including but not limited to: customer complaints, taste panel results, product micro performance, environmental performance where factory issues occur.
9. Actively participate in the delivery of internal audit plan.
10. Facilitate and when required take ownership of timely closures of internal and external non-conformances.
11. Drive root cause analysis and corrective action for identified issues
12. Develop our culture of maintaining good GMP at all times. Ensure audits take place, that they are sufficiently detailed and are effective and escalated as necessary.
13. Create an environment of continuous improvement within the team, where all team members feel a sense of responsibility for improving overall team performance and each team member feels important.
14. Develop, coach and monitor the performance of supervisors and team members to support their achievement of production and team development and training objectives.
15. Drive technical agenda during the through the management meeting schedule.
16. Active member of the factory management team builds relationships with factory and warehouse management and forms effective, co-operative relationships with the other managers and their teams.
17. Explore innovative ways of driving improved performance and motivating the team
18. Maintain and develop the company quality systems to ensure we get things right first time.
19. Monitor spend against agreed budgets. Report any variances on a monthly basis.
20. Be a member of the crisis management team
21. Adhere to all company rules and procedures, paying particular attention to health and safety.
22. Any other duties which might reasonably be requested in association with this role in order to meet the needs of the business.
Quality Assurance team
1. Develop a one team approach to QA activities onsite
2. Ensure that the job description and duties of the ‘QA Supervisors’ are being adhered to and are correct for the needs of the business. Ensuring the team is supported, coached and developed.
3. Ensure that the factory operations team is supported by the QA department.
4. Ensure sufficient resource for the QA team (including night shift) to complete their responsibilities and duties.
5. Manage and develop systems and procedures to maintain product quality on site through the companies quality management systems, critical and quality control points and company policies and procedures.
6. Ensure that the controls as identified in the HACCP plans for the site are adhered to and developed in conjunction with the needs of the business.
7. Ensure that all checks, data entry and paperwork are carried out accurately and on time, to conform to company policies.
8. Communicate observable and measurable performance expectations, providing prompt feedback and taking early action to resolve quality problems.
9. Run disciplined and effective review meetings for the QA team to review performance against targets, propose solutions for any issues and set stretch targets.
1. Support the work of the Hygiene Manager to ensure high standards are maintained
2. Ensure that a feedback loop is in place for hygiene and micro failures
3. Ensure that a culture of continuous improvement is in place for hygiene standards on site and recommendations of improvement are followed through.
- Food Safety Level 3
- HACCP Level 3
- Auditing Certificate
- Experience of Hosting Audits (BRC)
- Experience of Raw Materials & Packaging Specification
- People Management
- Food Safety Level 4
- HACCP Level 4
- Degree in food related discipline
Monday - Friday, 8 Hour Shift
Newbury is a market town in the county of Berkshire. The town is home to Newbury Racecourse and the surrounding hills are home to some of the country’s most famous racehorse training grounds. Newbury lies on the edge of the Berkshire downs and in the suburban village of Donnington lies the part-ruined Donnington Castle.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £55,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- Free flu jabs
- Free or subsidised travel
- Free parking
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- Sick pay
- Store discount
- Wellness programme
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
The English Provender Company® was established in 1979 by John Curwin and his wife as a cottage industry in Henley-on-Thames producing products such as Lemon Curd and Henley marmalade.
Today our business has grown, but our ingredients are still specially selected and made using traditional methods to make chutney & pickle that is just right for you to enjoy.
Apply for Shift Technical Manager
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert