- ME2 4DU, Rochester
- £45,000 per annum
- Closing date
- 13 Apr 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Here at Veetee, we are driven by a passion for high quality, great taste and pioneering innovation. We are a fast-growing food company looking to disrupt the Rice category!
If you want to work for a dynamic business, with entrepreneurial spirit then please read on.
As a Customer Manager here at Veetee you will be responsible for delivering the budget (at a minimum) and the day-to-day management of your specific customer portfolio. You will facilitate communication with customers and build long-term relationships to achieve business goals. You will enhance your relationships with your customers by demonstrating your commercial mindset through excellent negotiation skills and providing financial insights to support your strategic decisions.
- Build and maintain multi-functional relationships at all levels in account portfolio.
- Understand customer business strategies and growth drivers and develop winning growth plans aligned to customer strategic imperatives.
- Support management team in defining budgets, targets and format driven strategies.
- Negotiate cost price changes, range, distribution, shelf positioning, promotional activities etc. to build the brand within customer portfolio.
- Management of Own Label contracts as appropriate, including securing new business, maintaining current business, and managing the P&L in a commodity driven environment.
- Formulating customer specific plans/strategies in line with accountable budgets, costing, packaging, and retail prices.
- Maintaining accurate customer records and ensure internal processes are adhered to.
- Create and maintain demand forecast at volume, value and profit level.
- Ensuring internal company functions give the highest level of customer service to national accounts e.g., supply chain and delivery.
- To utilise category management principles to add value to accounts.
- To keep customers informed of any emerging issues / trends within the global rice commodity market.
- To monitor competitor activity and adjust forward plans to ensure KPI’s are met and ensure that appropriate colleagues are continuously informed.
- Ensure innovation plans are delivered.
- Identify business opportunities to increase brand visibility and presence.
- Any other reasonable duties, responsibility or requests that may be issued by management from time to time.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven account management skills specifically negotiating with senior stakeholders within key/national accounts.
- Experience of branded and own label FMCG goods.
- Proven track record of working to KPI’s and achieving targets.
- Previous experience working with top Multiples.
- Relevant degree level qualification
- Sales management qualification (desirable, though not essential)
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Pro-active starter, finisher
- Be willing and able to undertake regular national travel as required to manage the customer relationship.
- Must be enthusiastic, resilient, tenacious and persuasive with excellent communication skills and a strong customer focus.
- Responds positively to changing business priorities and rises to the challenge.
- Full, clean driving licence.
The driving force behind Veetee Rice, Moni Varma, founded the company in 1987 and from its humble origins as a producer to the ethnic market in London, Veetee Rice has developed as one of the UK's largest volume suppliers of rice to the UK grocery trade.
Although Veetee began with a modest single product line, Supreme Basmati, the portfolio has expanded to incorporate a multitude of rices which are sourced from the most fertile regions of the world to produce the highest quality products. The addition of Thai Fragrant Rice in 1996 has cemented the dedication of the company to source rice from every continent.
Veetee are unique amongst rice producers with factories in both India and Pakistan and are perfectly positioned to market Basmati to all communities under Veetee, Badshah and Ashoka brands.
Sir Thomas Longley Road
Medway City Estate
Apply for Customer Manager
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert