- Hayward, California
- £81103.07 - £153906.83 per year + 0.12
- Closing date
- 12 Apr 2023
- Production & Manufacturing
- Contract Type
- Full Time
We are PepsiCo Supply Chain. We are the game changers, innovators, collaborators and history makers. The ground breakers of the Supply Chain & Logistics space.
We are a diverse group, spread across 200 countries and territories, and united by a shared set of values and goals. You know our name through our amazing portfolio, including Tropicana, Pepsi, Frito-Lay, Quaker and Gatorade.
We perform with a purpose. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. Together, we raise the bar in lean manufacturing practices. We put forth new standards and stretch to reach beyond the goals we set. We are a think tank, bringing our ideas into action and are determined to find ways to drive efficiencies, improve processes and achieve the highest level of safety… all while meeting the demands of our customers and consumers to deliver the best products. At PepsiCo, we are committed to performing well as individuals and in teams, and to strengthen the company as a whole.
Are you hungry to be a part of the world's largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands? Then now is the time to explore the Possibilities of PepsiCo.
Manufacturing Manager (Production Manager or Business Unit Leader)
The Manufacturing Manager manages all activities associated with the manufacturing/production department for the facility. She or he is responsible for people and team development, motivating the team and ensuring quality performance. Responsibilities include cost efficiency, continuous improvement on processes, service, and safety for an entire business unit across all shifts. The Manufacturing Manager will be leading a team consisting of hourly associates and salaried team members.
- Ensure team compliance with all safety policies and procedures
- Maintain product quality and sanitation standards
- Optimize operational efficiencies to support the production, warehouse, and shipping of products
- Identify and coordinate operational improvements necessary to deliver the site annual operating plan (AOP). Ensure cost performance gaps are identified, action plans are developed and resources are properly allocated
- Track operational output measures (i.e. efficiency, yield loss, product quality, inventory accuracy, transactional accuracy), anticipating and correcting trends which would compromise achievement of financial targets
- Develop team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals
- Deliver effective change leadership to drive business changes while minimizing people impact
- Communicate and collaborate cross-functionally to assist team to solve operational issues
- Motivate team members to achieve plan goals
- Builds people capability through effective employee relations, hiring, training, and communication for front-line hourly and salaried personnel
- Flex production plans on a shift by shift basis to prevent service issues and operational inefficiencies
- Optimize ingredient and packaging material usage to minimize scrap loss.
- Ensure compliance with company policies, contracts and procedures.
- Lead and motivate the operations team in a manner consistent with the site Vision, Mission, and Guiding Principles
- Coach teams to demonstrate continuous improvement in profitability margins, efficiencies and cost savings initiatives
- Lead the organization in the development of natural work teams
- Administer policies and procedures
- Regular and predictable attendance at the work site
- This role requires regular presence on the plant floor
- This role requires lifting up to 40 lbs. occasionally
- This role requires occasional work in poor weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain, or snow
- This role may operate forklift and manufacturing equipment occasionally
- This role may require off-shift and weekend work
- This role may require some travel (less than 5%)
- COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for this role. Please note that all such company vaccine requirements provide the opportunity to request an approved accommodation or exemption under applicable law
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required. Preferably in engineering, business, operations management, or similar field
- Minimum 5 years' experience in manufacturing preferred. Preferably food/beverage experience
- Lean Six Sigma Experience preferred, demonstrated by successful completion of a major improvement project.
- Must possess strong skills, knowledge and capability in TPM or lean manufacturing, finance and accounting, project management, leadership, and statistics/logical problem solving.
- Solid working knowledge of the following business enterprises: HSE/quality regulatory compliance, processing/packaging/warehouse operations, maintenance and engineering, ingredient and package material procurement, production planning & deployment, sales and marketing, research and development, and excellent communication, facilitation and influence skills.
- Experience developing/coaching hourly and supervisory staff preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite applications
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Ability to lead a team-based approach to decision making
- Demonstrated ability to work in a results-oriented, challenging environment
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to get results through mentoring others
- Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation, and team building skills
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Additional Talent Acquisition Information:
- Manufacturing Leader
- Production Manager
- Ops Manager/Leader
Compensation and Benefits:
- The expected compensation range for this position is between $91,100 - $152,450.
- Location, confirmed job-related skills and experience will be considered in setting actual starting salary
- Bonus based on performance and eligibility target payout is 12% of annual salary paid out annually.
- Long term incentive equity may be awarded based on eligibility and performance.
- Paid time off subject to eligibility, including paid parental leave, vacation, sick, and bereavement
- In addition to salary, PepsiCo offers a comprehensive benefits package to support our employees and their families, subject to elections and eligibility: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Health and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Insurance (Accident, Group Legal, Life), Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
Our 5,500 PepsiCo employees in the UK are the reason for our success. We are committed to recruiting, training and retaining good people.
Company programmes help our employees manage their careers, train for advancement, increase their knowledge and skills and participate in lifestyle and personal development opportunities.To attract and retain the best people, we believe in creating a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion, where everyone has an equal opportunity to contribute and succeed.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert