- Carlisle, Cumbria
- £25,400 - £28,000
- Closing date
- 11 Apr 2023
- Packaging, Production & Manufacturing, Supply Chain, FMCG Jobs
- Contract Type
- Full Time
McVities in Carlisle is the most complex and capable biscuit manufacturing site in the UK. We have been making biscuits at the Caldewgate site since 1837 and are the home to McVities Ginger Nuts, Carr’s Table Water and Custard Creams. Recent multi million-pound investment has opened up opportunities to join the team!
We are looking for multi-skilled operators to join our team across various shifts, to work on production lines in Process, Packing or Mixing areas. Working as part of a team, employees will have the opportunity to learn a variety of technologies and will be responsible for operating machinery, carrying out all quality checks and maintaining high production standards.
In addition to providing a competitive salary level for these roles, we will also provide successful new starters with the following:
- A gross payment of £350 upon successful completion of the first 6 months with pladis
- Followed by a further £350 gross payment after 12 months employment, and
- A further £350 gross payment after completion of 18 months employment
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: circa £25,400- £28,000 (dependent on role) with overtime available at a premium rate
Immediate start dates available
Once trained, the successful candidates will demonstrate a strong understanding of good manufacturing practice, food safety (HACCP) systems and Health & Safety in the workplace. A flexible approach to work and the ability to cope
with a fast paced working environment is essential.
Skills and Experience:
Ideally you would have previous experience operating equipment in a quality focused and performance driven factory environment, however training can be provided if not. Experience of food manufacturing is an advantage. You must also have good verbal and numerical skills, basic PC skills, have a knack for solving problems and be a committed team player.
A flexible approach to work and the ability to cope with a fast-paced working environment is essential.
Salary & Benefits:
In addition to the competitive salary we offer we also have an excellent benefits package which includes:
- Defined Contribution Pension Scheme
- 27 days holiday a year plus 4 company days
- Subsidised staff shop
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- An employee referral scheme (payment on completion of a 6 month probation period.)
As proud bakers and chocolatiers and custodians of iconic global brands, we don’t compromise on the quality of ingredients in our products or on the people we hire. We are looking for entrepreneurial spirits who share our passion for bringing happiness to our consumers and who embody our Winning Traits.
To succeed at pladis you need to be purpose-led, resilient and positive to succeed here because we expect pace and agility, we insist on collaboration and demand accountability. If that is your thing, then pladis offers global ambition, a clear Vision and roadmap for success, challenge, and unrivalled opportunities to learn and make an impact.
OUR WINNING TRAITS AND BEHAVIOURS
- PURPOSE-LED - Energised by our promise to deliver happiness to the world with every bite
- AGILE - Ever evolving, never satisfied and never standing still
- COLLABORATIVE - Willing to work with others for mutual success, transparent, a win-win seeker
- RESILIENT - Quick to adapt to change, fast learner and persistent in the face of setbacks
- POSITIVE - Self-motivated, optimistic, courageous, and inspiring
Our purpose is to bring happiness with every bite. It’s a commitment shared by every pladis colleague, all around the world.
Family and ideas have always been our ingredients. Our founding families believed biscuits and chocolates could bring moments of happiness to the world. Their ideas have stood the test of time. Their spirit continues to inspire our future. It’s in the care and the craft we bake into biscuits and chocolates that have been loved for generations. And it’s in the fresh ideas, the new twists, flavours and textures we add to old and new favourites.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert