- Blue Spark
- Closing date
- 10 Apr 2023
- Hygiene, Quality Assurance (QA)
- Contract Type
- Full Time
This growing company are leading the way for sustainable food solutions and are currently launching into major retailers. They pride themselves on bringing customers healthy and high-quality products that reduce environmental impact. They are now seeking a Hygiene Manager to join their growing team at their impressive new site in the glorious Kent countryside.
Reporting to the Head of Technical, you’ll lead the implementation of all necessary guidelines to manage the overall hygiene and monitor hygiene standards in compliance with all the standards of health and safety and food safety in food industry. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Taking responsibility of Hygiene team, providing support and supervision
- Ensure procedures are in place to guarantee that all food safety and legal standards are met
- Acting as the site expert regarding cleaning processes and stock control of hygiene consumable chemical, mentoring staff and promoting a continuous improvement culture across whilst ensuring customer codes of practice are adhered to
- Monitoring and improving standards by ordering, stock controlling and budgeting all hygiene consumable and chemicals
- Managing hygiene audits to monitor and improve performance whilst evaluating according to the BRC standards, investigating potential issues and applying corrective actions to ensure the smooth running of the site
- Liaising with chemical suppliers, periodic chemical dosing check, maintenance of equipment and making sure hygiene projects comply with customer and company standards to guarantee a consistently safe production environment
- Take an active role during customer visits and audits to support the presentation of due diligence information.
We are looking for a hygiene professional based in the South-East with previous experience of working with high care food manufacturing environment and a proven track record of maintaining the highest of hygiene standards.
A strong working knowledge of food hygiene including HACCP, COSHH, listeria and micro is essential along with experience of maintaining hygiene systems and co-ordinating audits.
Due to the reactive nature of this role you’ll also need to have a fair understanding of BRC or large retailer audits.
So if you’re a motivated Hygiene Manager who is dedicated to achieving the highest levels of food safety then please call us on 0345 2600 737 to find out more.
Although we do our utmost to respond to all applicants, there are times when this is just not possible due to sheer volume so if you have not heard from us within 5 working days then we are sorry to say your application for this role has not been successful. If you would like to discuss any accessibility requirements for the recruitment process or the role, please feel free to contact us.
Also, please note that we are only able to accept and respond to applications from candidates with eligibility to work in the UK and those who hold valid work visas.
Blue Spark is a boutique recruitment consultancy for the Food and Drinks industry, satisfying a growing appetite for intelligent and ethical recruitment.
Working entirely free of commission, we source high calibre candidates for some of the most exciting organisations in the field.
Our friendly and creative consultants seek the perfect match with every appointment – be it graduate or director level, permanent or interim.
Established by Food professionals in 2006, our vast experience and intuitive grasp of market trends has earned us the superb reputation we enjoy today.
With a particular commitment to openness and innovation, Blue Spark offers a truly comprehensive range of recruitment solutions across all sectors of the Food and Drinks industry.
• Search and Selection
• Advertised Search
• Executive Search
• Database Search
• Proactive Candidate Generation
So whether you're seeking that dream job in Food and Drink, or the perfect people for your growing business, Blue Spark can deliver.
- 0345 2600 737
34/36 The Broadway
Apply for Hygiene Manager
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert