- Welsh Hills Bakery Ltd – Lovemore Foods
- Aberdare, Rhondda Cynon Taf
- £22K - £26K dependent on experience
- Closing date
- 10 Apr 2023
- Technical, Technologists
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Technical Assistant - Aberdare
Salary : £22,000 - £26,000 depending on experience
Hours : 7am - 3pm (negotiable)
About Welsh Hills Bakery
Welsh Hills Bakery are the people behind the highly successful Lovemore free-from brand. Lovemore is fast becoming a market leader in the gluten-free world. From our 100% dedicated free-from wheat and gluten factory in the UK, we export globally across much of Europe, America, Australia and the Middle East. We also supply the UK Main Retailers and Food Service companies. Currently employing 75 staff we have ambitious growth plans for the next three years.
About the role
Reporting to the Technical Manager you will support the Technical Team to ensure that all products manufactured by the Company meet Food safety, quality, authenticity and legal requirements. This will be achieved by helping to monitor and maintain the Company and the customer's quality assurance system requirements, food safety audits and HACCP.
Supporting the Technical Manager to review, and where relevant, implement and develop new Food Safety & Quality Management systems and with site audits
Ensure the technical compliance of supplier and the allergen integrity of raw materials and finished products.
Ensure all raw material, packaging and finished product specifications are updated and maintained to ensure compliance with relevant safety and legislative requirements.
Responsibilities & accountabilities:
- Maintain uncompromising Food Safety and Food Quality Standards to Company Policies and Procedures
- Carry out all in-house Milk and Gluten allergen testing for positive release of Raw Materials and Finished products to agreed testing regime using Elisa method
- Environmental, Water, micro, chemical, allergen and nutritional sampling
- Carry out routine traceability exercises and coordinate mock recall exercises
- Carry out internal systems audits
- Assisting with the management of traceability, product recall and crisis management procedures
- Assist in the completion of specifications for retail customers.
- Update and maintain the packing specifications for finished products.
- Check, sign off and file all relevant warehouse, production and packing record sheets and report any issues to relevant manager
- Update and maintain the Product Specifications for Welsh Hills and Lovemore products.
- Coordinate the receipt, assessment and filling of the SAQ’s and RAQ’s. Report any issues to Technical Manager.
- Complete raw material risk assessments
- Assist in TACCP/VACCP assessments
Experience & qualifications:
- A firm grasp of manufacturing processes to set safety and quality standards.
- Industry relevant training – Food Safety, HACCP, Internal Audits, Root Cause Analysis, TACCP
How did we start?
Lovemore is fast becoming a market leader in the gluten free world. From our 100% dedicated free from wheat and gluten factory in the UK, we export globally across much of Europe, America, Australia and the Middle East. It seems everyone wants a slice of Lovemore!
Since launching the Lovemore Free From Foods brand in 2008 we’ve seen a boom in the free from market – both through an increased awareness and diagnosis of food intolerances, and through more people becoming selective about what they eat/choosing a healthier lifestyle – and quite rightly so! Why shouldn’t everyone get what they want?! We don’t believe you should have to settle for anything less than perfect simply for following a free from diet; you should be able to indulge your sweet-tooth whenever, wherever. That’s why at Lovemore we have spent years perfecting our pies, creating the crème-de-la-crème of cookies and baking the best biscuits – all gluten and wheat free of course – conveniently available to buy from this website, supermarkets, local retailers and cafes. You can enjoy our Jammy Wheels, chomp on our custard cream or indulge in our oh so delicious O’Choco (all of which are also soya free don’t you know!) in Dagenham or Dubai, Sidmouth or Sydney. We take huge pride in our Lovemore products tasting just like the real thing, and continually test our goods with consumers as well as our own professional taste testers to ensure we maintain this unbeatable quality.
Apply for Technical Assistant
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert