Product Development Assistant
- Welsh Hills Bakery Ltd – Lovemore Foods
- Aberdare, Rhondda Cynon Taf
- £24K - £30K dependent on experience
- Closing date
- 10 Apr 2023
- New Product Development, Technologists
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Product Development Assistant - Aberdare
Salary : £24,000 - £30,000 Depending on experience
Hours : 7am - 3pm (negotiable)
About Welsh Hills Bakery
Welsh Hills Bakery are the people behind the highly successful Lovemore free-from brand. Lovemore is fast becoming a market leader in the gluten-free world. From our 100% dedicated free-from wheat and gluten factory in the UK, we export globally across much of Europe, America, Australia and the Middle East. We also supply the UK Main Retailers and Food Service companies. Currently employing 75 staff we have ambitious growth plans for the next three years.
About the role
Reporting to the Product Development Technologist you will assist in modifying and improving (EPD) current product recipes and processes and developing new product recipes and processes (NPD) manufactured by the Company.
Apply Company strategy and current capabilities to all development processes to meet Food safety, quality, authenticity and legal requirements.
Ensure Company product specific strategies are achieved on time.
Assist is product presentations to clients.
Responsibilities & accountabilities:
- Maintain uncompromising Food Safety and Food Quality Standards to Company Policies and Procedures within all development processes.
- Provide relevant data for the NPD Department KPI’s
- Assist in uploading correct data to the Product Development Progress tracker sheet and to maintain this document with up-to-date data.
- Assist with preparation of product costings to ensure profitable products are presented and/or launched.
- Liaise with QA Coordinator and Product Development Technologist to resolve any product processing inconsistencies with relevant operator training and/or processing amends
- Assist with selecting ingredients and packaging material from suitable and reputable suppliers for use in Product development work and potentially to be used in launched product.
- Continually research relevant food industry markets and technologies to develop new product concepts in line with Company product strategy and company production capabilities.
- Liaise with Product Development Technologist and Zero2Five on sensory panel analysis of selected products, to achieve and maintain best in class status.
- Assist PD Team to launch at least 1 x 1st to market product annually.
- Liaise with QA Coordinator and Product Development Technologist for Factory Trials and 1st Productions to effectively hand over to QA and Production team.
- To proactively liaise with Product Development Technologist with regards to Development briefs and launch window opportunities, and to convey these opportunities clearly to Company Management Team.
- Assist in the development of Quality Attribute Sheets, providing key data including organoleptic assessment and physical attributes, to the Technical Department to ensure agreed customer requirements are met.
- Assist Product Development Technologist to ensure shelf life trials are conducted for NPD and EPD projects and Progress Tracker updated.
- Assist with the completion of retailer specifications and company finished product specifications.
- A firm grasp of food manufacturing processes and the functionality of key ingredients to set safety and quality standards.
- A successful track record in Product Development ideally within Bakery or Bread.
- Industry relevant training – Food Safety, HACCP, Internal Audits, GMP Auditing.
- Driving license required
How did we start?
Lovemore is fast becoming a market leader in the gluten free world. From our 100% dedicated free from wheat and gluten factory in the UK, we export globally across much of Europe, America, Australia and the Middle East. It seems everyone wants a slice of Lovemore!
Since launching the Lovemore Free From Foods brand in 2008 we’ve seen a boom in the free from market – both through an increased awareness and diagnosis of food intolerances, and through more people becoming selective about what they eat/choosing a healthier lifestyle – and quite rightly so! Why shouldn’t everyone get what they want?! We don’t believe you should have to settle for anything less than perfect simply for following a free from diet; you should be able to indulge your sweet-tooth whenever, wherever. That’s why at Lovemore we have spent years perfecting our pies, creating the crème-de-la-crème of cookies and baking the best biscuits – all gluten and wheat free of course – conveniently available to buy from this website, supermarkets, local retailers and cafes. You can enjoy our Jammy Wheels, chomp on our custard cream or indulge in our oh so delicious O’Choco (all of which are also soya free don’t you know!) in Dagenham or Dubai, Sidmouth or Sydney. We take huge pride in our Lovemore products tasting just like the real thing, and continually test our goods with consumers as well as our own professional taste testers to ensure we maintain this unbeatable quality.
Apply for Product Development Assistant
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert