- Zertus UK & Ireland
- Bromborough, Birkenhead
- Competitive salary + bonus + car allowance + health benefits
- Closing date
- 8 Apr 2023
- Operational Management, Production & Manufacturing, FMCG Jobs
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Sun Valley (Humdinger Ltd), Bromborough
Who are Sun Valley?
Sun Valley are part of Humdinger Ltd, operating within the Zertus UK & I Snacking & Chocolate Market Unit. At Sun Valley, we know a thing or two about nuts! With over 70 years’ experience in nut sourcing and processing; we can’t get enough of creating delicious products for our consumers. Quality is at the heart of what we do and we’re looking for like-minded individuals to join the Sun Valley team at our manufacturing site in Bromborough!
As a Site Director at Sun Valley you will …
Provide the strategic direction for the Sun Valley site, whilst ensuring that all operations are safe, efficient and producing product to the highest quality. Through providing the right guidance and leadership, the Site Director will be able to lead the site to its full potential in terms of people and profitability whilst ensuring alignment with Humdinger and the new Zertus Market Unit.
Key responsibilities of a Site Director at Sun Valley …
- Provide leadership, engagement, direction and vision, inspiring the site employees to deliver exceptional levels of performance.
- Plan, organise and direct the manufacturing operation to minimise manufacturing costs through effective utilisation of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials and capital.
- Develop the site strategy to align with Group goals and objectives
- Define and deliver the capital plan for the site.
- Deliver cost benefits through continuous improvement, waste reduction and process development to meet site targets.
- Critically review and monitor operating results, managing spend against budget in relation to changes in production volumes and making recommendations for improvement.
- Drive lean manufacturing and continuous improvement programmes through the manufacturing facility maximising KPI achievements on margins, yields and efficiencies underpinning operational excellence.
- Define and deliver the site Health, Safety and Environment agenda.
- Drive for a zero-tolerance accident culture and play a lead role promoting a culture of behavioural safety across the site.
- Have a thorough understanding of customers’ requirements and drive QFSI workstreams to ensure customer satisfaction and a mindset that is audit ready at all times.
- Deliver consistent, first-class customer service levels, ensuring that short-term and long-term customer orders are achieved and maintained.
- Work closely with Commercial colleagues to continue to deliver the continued innovation agenda.
People and Culture
- Lead and develop the site senior leadership team to achieve site objectives in a timely manner.
- Support and drive the site people strategy in line with the business values and local requirements.
- Drive the site ‘one team’ culture, ensuring that all departments are aligned and pulling in the same direction to create a high performing and engaged team.
- Build a culture of coaching and development through the various teams on site.
- Build, lead, motivate and develop the site leadership team.
- Promote and deliver the site ESG program including working towards group objectives and time-frames.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Site Director with the skill set, experience and passion to lead within a fast-paced, innovative, FMCG business. The Site Director will demonstrate the following skills and areas of expertise:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) and/or a demonstrable track record of professional development/learning
- NEBOSH / IOSH qualified
- Formal LEAN training and/or associated CI training
- Strong health and safety experience both in compliance and team engagement
- A Board level operator and influencer, with the ability to support and challenge constructively
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills, together with the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written and through presentations
- Ability to provide clarity and communicate priorities at all levels in the business
- Strong and proven leadership capability plus experience of developing both individual and team capabilities. Personable yet firm leader; not afraid of a challenge
- Able to lead by example and inspire a proactive and professional environment; inspiring teams to embrace challenges, question the status-quo & own the performance. Able to engage and energise a team
- Demonstrable track record of developing senior managers and building a highly competent leadership team
- Strong analytical skills in order to assess and drive business performance
- Strong business acumen, understanding priorities and functional requirements
- Numerical competence and an understanding of the commercial challenges faced by a FMCG business
- Ability to combine strategic thinking with ‘hands-on’ implementation
- Ability to operate independently and use own judgment to make decisions
- Experience in World Class Manufacturing systems and continuous improvement methodology
- Ability and the desire to grow in the company and to be a superb customer facing ambassador
- Ability to thrive in an autonomous and entrepreneurial environment
Rewards & benefits - what can Sun Valley offer you?
- Competitive salary
- Bonus plan
- Car allowance
- Private family medical
- Attractive company Pension scheme and life assurance scheme
- Company paid Health Care Cash Plan via Paycare plus access to Paycare Perks for high street and retailer discounts
- Charity fundraising and team events
- One additional day paid leave for charity/community work
- Discounts via our staff shops
- Employee values wards
- Referral bonus vouchers
- Training and development opportunities
- Bespoke training for new factory workers
- Free parking at all manufacturing sites/ offices
- Excellent facilities, canteen etc
- Ongoing commitment to our ESG strategy – protecting out people, communities and our planet
- Access to Grocery Aid charity support
Apply for Site Director
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert