QA AUDITOR - Ashbourne, Derbyshire
- Moy Park
- Ashbourne, Derbyshire
- Closing date
- 7 Apr 2023
- Auditing of factory environment (including hygiene / cleaning activities), processes, products and records to verify the business is operating to agreed standards and procedures, and identify discrepancies, agreeing action plans with the Manager responsible to correct any non-conformances / prevent re-occurrences.
- Implementing technical improvement projects as set by TM / QAM.
- Reporting of factory technical status and issues of non-compliance, both verbally and in writing, and any action plans as in 4.1.
- Product quality day to day. In Despatch / On-Line / at Taste Panel etc.
- Maintenance of Quality Assurance System – Retrievability of process and quality records to verify product Specification, quality, safety and due diligence. Continuous improvement and internal auditing of procedures, records, product and hygiene specifications, cleaning effectiveness, stock management (raw materials, work in progress, finished product), crate / trolley / tray wash effectiveness, photographic standards. Auditing may be both in the local business or as part of the independent auditing team.
- Auditing of HACCP system to guarantee product safety eg: nut and glass policies.
- Traceability of all ingredients through to finished products to customer deliveries – including forward and backward traceability exercises.
- Performance of critical tasks to maintain the Quality System e.g. thermal process validation (datapaqs and p values), calibration (e.g. probes, datapaqs, weights, MAP, metal detection, anemometer), temperature monitoring etc.
- Provide Technical guidance and support to other departments (particularly Production / Hygiene / Engineering), encouraging understanding and awareness. Provide specific training as required.
- Participation in operational problem solving, technical / hygiene problem solving, and project work as allocated.
- To work in a manner that actively seeks to reduce any negative environmental impact in relation to the processes and procedures operating within their area and across the wider business e.g. reduction of waste, recycling etc.
- Any other duties as may be required to fulfil the needs of the role.
- Work in a safe manner and observe the Company Health and Safety Rules and Procedures.
- Cooperate with Managers and other personnel of the Company to achieve a healthy and safe workplace environment.
- Not to interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interests of health, safety and welfare or yourselves or your work colleagues.
- To comply with safe systems of work at all times.
What you’ll need
- Communication and interpersonal skill through cross – functional teams and departments.
- Good General Education.
- Initiative, self-motivated, assertive, tenacious, well organised, influencing skills.
- Team worker.
- Customer focussed approach.
- Problem solving and decision making skills.
Perks of Moy Park
- Competitive salary
- Above statutory holiday entitlement
- Pension scheme
- Flexible working
- Continuous training provided
- Free on-site parking
- Discounted employee shop
- Life cover
- Shopping discounts
About Moy Park
Moy Park is one of the UK’s top 15 food companies and one of Europe’s leading poultry producers. Moy Park is the European Division of Pilgrim’s Pride and employs over 12,000 people across 12 manufacturing locations in the UK, France and Holland.
People of Moy Park
We are passionate about our people and recognise our teams, along with their individual drive and passion, are the reason for our continued success. This is your opportunity to join a forward-thinking, exciting business- applying to join our business is easy.
Moy Park is one of the UK’s top 15 food companies, Northern Ireland’s largest private sector business and one of Europe’s leading poultry producers.
We supply branded and own label chicken products to leading retailers and foodservice providers throughout the UK, Ireland and Europe and we are the industry leading manufacturer of organic, free-range and higher welfare chicken.
Moy Park may be best known for fresh, locally sourced poultry but we also produce beef products, vegetarian products like spring rolls and onion rings and desserts including donuts and apple pies.
- Moy Park
39 Seagoe Industrial Estate
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert