- Goole, East Riding of Yorkshire
- Closing date
- 6 Apr 2023
- Engineering, Production & Manufacturing
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Process Engineer - Goole
About the job
Monitor performance of current Continuous Improvement efforts within a region, country or local organization and recommend improvements. Plan and lead CI activities to ensure optimal operations and plant productivity yet maintaining quality standards of products.
Enable Goole site to realise its maximum potential by:
- To take an active and key role in the continuous improvements and developments to plant, processes and systems of work.
- Follow and implement all site procedures and programs relating to health, safety, hygiene, housekeeping and quality.
- Supporting the running of the production facilities, whilst maintaining safe processes, systems and procedures of work.
- Assisting in improvement projects to maximise production output at all times in line with the production schedules.
Area of responsibility 1: – Projects to maximise production output
- Optimising production output, by reviewing systems, product changes and techniques to reduce delays and stop time to a minimum.
- Ensure that the Plant operates in an effective and optimal manner to comply with the schedules and targets required to meet customer expectations.
- The knowledge of site plants and processes and the ability to operate plants and processes as required.
Area of responsibility 2 – Leading site EHSQ standards
- To have good knowledge of and ensure that EHSQ standards are followed at all times.
- Coordinating plant hygiene activities as required.
- To support EHSQ initiatives, including performing and assisting in investigations through to completion regarding any safety, quality or hygiene issues
- Ensure that all Site Safety consumables are maintained at the correct stock levels.
- To implement European and Global EHS initiatives at the site
- To lead EHS projects at the site
Agility and Innovation
Area of responsibility 1: – New products, technologies, equipment and processes.
- When new initiatives are introduced to site the Continuous Improvement and EHS Supervisor must be able to learn, adapt to and train onto other operators any new methods, techniques or technologies as required.
Area of responsibility 2 – Continuous improvement
- To play a key role at the site in supporting and driving continuous improvement projects and Initiatives
- To attend and make valuable contributions to the EHS and Continuous improvement meetings.
- To be an ambassador of CI at the site and actively encourage others in the participation in all site safety and quality involvement programmes.
- To take responsibility for designated CI tasks as per the project plans
Relationships and People
Area of responsibility 1: – The safety of employees, visitors and the safe operation of plant and equipment.
- To set examples in working safely and to encourage the safe working of other employees and visitors.
- Ensure that operational personnel are selecting and using the correct PPE for the tasks that they are assigned, also ensuring that the PPE is correctly used and fitted for the individual as appropriate.
- Carry out regular ‘safety walkaround’ assessments of the site and safe behaviour audits of personnel, contractors and visitors, to ensure the safe working of employees and visitors. Acts on findings in a timely manner.
- The issuing and authorising of appropriate permits to work as required, including general work permits and hot work permits, conducting risk assessments and hazard analysis in relation to these permits. Where appropriate, issuing site inductions for new contractors or visitors.
- To be familiar with the requirements of the Emergency Response Manual and assist the emergency coordinator as required during such events.
Area of responsibility 2 – Suitable training of personnel.
- Support the training and development of operators as appropriate by delivering training in EHS or CI improvements, any new methods, techniques or technologies as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- Appropriate practical and technical experience.
- Proven interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- Supervisory and training qualifications an advantage
- Must hold or be prepared to train for formal qualifications in Health and Safety including Fit2Fit for RPE and NEBOSH.
- Qualifications in Continuous Improvement an advantage.
Desired behaviour, personal attributes, (Success Drivers and Competencies):
- Patience to resolve and see tasks through to reach the intended goals.
- Adaptability and a willingness to learn new skills and adopt new technology and processes.
- Ability and flexibility to provide operational support in the event of sickness or absence.
- Proven communicator with ability to build relationships at all levels of the organisation
Ingredion is a global Fortune 500 provider of ingredient solutions that touch millions of lives, every day. With over 19,000 customers in 120 countries, we create solutions that help nourish, comfort, and delight people all over the world. We are proud to source our strength from nature. That’s why we’re growing sustainably, with an industry-leading product portfolio that includes plant-based proteins, sugar alternatives and clean and simple ingredients that deliver on changing consumer needs while protecting our planet. Although we are best known for our food ingredients, we are much more than a food business. We co-create bespoke solutions with our customers; from cosmetics and beauty, to paper and textiles, to pharmaceuticals, driven by relentless curiosity. We make it our business to anticipate industry trends, and to bring together the potential of people, nature and technology to make life better.
Ingredion offers food and beverage manufacturers the solutions needed to create delicious, in-demand, better-for-you products. Our insights and taste, texture and sensory science experts can help you remove formulation barriers and quickly meet evolving consumer demands.
Apply for Process Engineer
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert