Shift Lead – Goole Manufacturing EMEA
- Goole, East Riding of Yorkshire
- Closing date
- 6 Apr 2023
- Production & Manufacturing
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Shift Lead – Goole Manufacturing EMEA
Business unit: Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) Region
Reports to: Production Manager, Goole. EMEA
Ingredion is a Fortune 500 provider of ingredient solutions that helps nourish, comfort, sustain, and delight people around the world. Ingredion’s wide range of ingredient solutions is strategically designed to address changing consumer trends and preferences. Our specialty portfolio includes starch-based texturizers, clean and simple ingredients, plant-based proteins, sugar reduction and specialty sweeteners, and food systems. Our innovative ingredient solutions are used by consumers in everyday products, from foods and beverages to paper and pharmaceuticals. And we do it all in a planet-friendly sustainable manner.
The Shift Lead is responsible for leading manufacturing activities, providing coaching. And leading the improvement and culture change, as well as ensuring their area consistently delivers against the factory KPIs to enable Goole site to realise its maximum potential.
- Supervise the running of the site production facilities.
- Maintaining safe processes, systems and procedures of work.
- Maximise site production output at all times in line with schedules.
- Follow and implement all site procedures and programs relating to safety, hygiene, housekeeping, food safety and quality.
- To lead by example in all areas of performance and to take an active and involved role in the continuous improvements and developments to plant, processes and systems of work.
- Responsibility for ensuring all products are produced inline with manufacturing and finished good specification.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Minimum 2 years appropriate technical experience.
- Proven fist-line management and interpersonal skills, with the ability to lead effectively and plan ahead.
- Must be prepared to stand in for the Production Manager as required.
- Must hold or be prepared to train for formal qualifications in Health and Safety (IOSH),
- Continuous Improvement, Internal Auditing, and Team Leading, would be an advantage.
- Flexibility to provide cover in the event of sickness and absence
- The knowledge of all site plants, processes, computer systems and the ability to operate plants and processes as required.
- Holds a passport and will be prepared to travel if required.
- Good numeracy, literacy and IT skills.
- Must hold or be prepared to train for First Aid certification.
Required behaviors and skills:
- Strong character and presence which is balanced with fairness and impartiality.
- Able to deal well with ambiguity, assess situations and make decisions in the best interests of the business.
- Adaptability and a willingness to learn new skills on own or in other plant areas and adopt new technology and processes.
- Self-motivated, handles pressure well with good planning and organizing skills. Can adhere to targets and meet agreed goals on time.
- Patience and resolve to see tasks through to reach the intended goals
- Builds good working relationships with management, team members and peers.
- Proven Communicator:
- The ability to build relationships at all levels of the organisation.
- Confidently delivers training or coaching such as ‘toolbox talks’ to employees.
- Will produce accurate, timely and well written reports or new procedures as requested.
- Is able to deliver company policies and/or strategies to fellow employees in a balanced, open manner.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, military status, or disability status.
Ingredion provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, we will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.
Privacy Notice: The Candidate Privacy Notice explains how Ingredion uses personal information about job applicants, and what rights an applicant has in respect of the use of this information for recruitment purposes. This Notice applies to applications submitted via Ingredion’s careers websites and any third parties, such as recruitment agencies, job boards and other means, such as by post and email. The Notice can be accessed here:
Ingredion offers food and beverage manufacturers the solutions needed to create delicious, in-demand, better-for-you products. Our insights and taste, texture and sensory science experts can help you remove formulation barriers and quickly meet evolving consumer demands.
Apply for Shift Lead – Goole Manufacturing EMEA
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert