Supplier Technical Manager
- Barfoots of Botley
- Bognor Regis, West Sussex
- Closing date
- 31 Mar 2023
- Technical, Technologists
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Supplier Technical Manager - Bognor Regis, West Sussex
A fantastic opportunity for a talented, inspiring professional to join our busy Technical Team.
Applications are invited from committed, reliable and enthusiastic individuals, capable of operating efficiently in a fast-paced, dynamic working environment. Reporting directly to the Head of Supplier Technical Management, candidates will have strong communication and interpersonal skills, confident of liaising at all levels both internally and externally, supporting in all aspects of supplier approval, compliance, and continuous improvement.
This fantastic opportunity will require regular travel within the UK and overseas, conducting supplier audits and visits. Duties will also include managing supplier approval, risk assessments and raw material testing, and coordinating and driving supplier development projects where appropriate.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Be responsible for and manage the technical integrity of the supplier approval systems, including compliance with legislation and customer COP’s (e.g. Sedex, Food Experts, Audax, Foods Connected, Green Light Pesticides and Supplier Approval).
- Coordinate collection and approving of supplier due diligence files across the supply base; ensuring that any expiring approvals are highlighted and actioned as appropriate.
- Carry out supplier visits and audits e.g. Select Farm and Waitrose Farm Assessments, in both the UK and overseas – with support and guidance from the senior technical team.
- Support the customer facing technical teams with supplier approval, sourcing developments, varietal strategy and preparing customer visits.
- Coordinate and drive supplier development or improvement projects where required, including the implementation of LEAF across the supply base.
- Provide support to Head of Supplier Technical Management in delivery of quality improvement plans with Barfoots strategic suppliers.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Ideally, a minimum of two years Technical experience in the fresh produce industry
- BASIS certificate in crop protection (desirable)
- FACTS qualification (desirable)
- Excellent communication skills to liaise with all stakeholders – growers, internal, auditing bodies, customers
- Effective time manager with ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Technical qualification (degree level)
- Understanding of food safety and quality systems
- Food safety intermediate level
- Microbiological and pesticides understanding
- Good computer knowledge especially MS Office package
- Audit/lead auditor experience
Why Work for Barfoots?
- Investors in People Silver Award
- Company pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Benefits Platform
- Discounted leisure membership
- Discounted vegetable box scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Approved centre for Highfield qualifications
- Free on-site parking
- Committed to sustainability
Growing, processing, packing and marketing semi-exotic produce
Growing is in our nature. Over 40 years ago, we started life as a small family farm with a handful of people and a modest range of crops.
Today, we’re a global farming and food business working thousands of acres and employing thousands of people around the world to grow, process, pack and market a range of fresh produce.
- 01243 268811
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert