Assistant Production Manager
- Protea Recruitment Ltd
- Closing date
- 30 Mar 2023
- Operational Management, Packaging, Production & Manufacturing, FMCG Jobs
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Protea Recruitment can honestly say that we are delighted to be working with this client on an exciting vacancy for an Assistant Production manager – for dairy/cheese.
In most adverts, we write the role's responsibilities; however, the client has made it clear this role is about the culture and the fit of a candidate, a person who can bond a team together.
The existing team has all the skills needed to perform their role and do it well; they need leaders who can come in and drive, motivate, and get the best out of this small, close-knit team.
The role is working in a cheese-making facility in Southwest England. My client is looking for experience in dairy as a minimum, then further processing on a dairy product is preferred, and cheese would be a bonus.
If this is you, please read on.
Reporting to the New Ops Manager, you will manage and coordinate the production of dairy products from milk intake to the packing area achieving the highest standards in terms of safety, quality & efficiency to agreed budgets.
Just some of the critical Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for ensuring all tasks carried out within the allocated work area are done so in a manner to protect product safety, legality, and quality following the Food Safety & Quality Management Systems (FSQMS), which encompass all certification of the factory, HACCP & requirements of customers Proactively contribute to, and support, the achievement of all company & site objectives.
- General management (quality, food safety, health & safety, training, development, performance monitoring, discipline, cost control etc.) of production staff.
- Co-ordination of all resources required to meet daily production demand in consultation with planning, packing & laboratory
- Demonstrate strong and active leadership and a commitment to continuous improvement in all areas of control
- To constantly review the operations of the department and implement improvements promptly.
- To maintain the highest standards of personal hygiene across the production team as stipulated within the company hygiene rules and good manufacturing policies. Participate in trials within the production environment To demonstrate commitment to equal opportunities and diversity.
Relocation can be offered.
- Being a people person is essential; to building relationships and trust, Problem-solving & decisions making.
- Experience in dealing with a cheese facility
- Must have full UK working rights
- A driver's license and the ability to travel
- Ability to work effectively and cross-functionally
- Commercial and business awareness
- Good communication
Whats on offer
- PMI Insurance
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme 6% employee and 6% employer
- PMI, the company pays for your membership and an offer at additional cost for couples and family cover.
- Holiday-26 working days plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Long service milestone awards
- Social events such as Christmas parties, summer family fun day and bowling (non-contractual).
- On-site free parking
- Discounts on our own products
With over 15 years of recruitment experience, Protea Recruitment constantly strives to be the best in the market, offering a flexible, pragmatic and honest approach to recruitment.
Specialising in the Food, Drinks, FMCG & Consumer Goods sector, Protea offers the full recruitment service from Head Hunting & Retained to Search, including Permanent, Interim & Contract solutions throughout the UK and further afield.
Partnering with both the client and candidate, we focus our search on talent, experience, ability, team fit, and culture
Our specialist areas include:
- Technical & Quality
- Health and Safety
- NPD and Development Chefs
- Product Design
- Project Management
- Supply Chain
- Warehouse / Distribution
- Logistics & Transport
- Marketing Jobs
- Production & Operation
- Sales & Marketing
- General Manager
- Director/ Board Level/ CEO/ Managing Director
Apply for Assistant Production Manager
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert