Engineering Team Leader
- Gemba Partners
- Closing date
- 30 Mar 2023
- Engineering, FMCG Jobs
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Are you a talented Engineering Team Leader?
Do you have experience in engineering within a manufacturing or warehouse environment?
In the Engineering Team Leader role you'll report to the Engineering Manager and will be primarily responsible for the line management of engineers, ensuring that they have a safe and engaging working environment. You will also be responsible for the delivery of their daily shift plan, which will include machinery maintenance, servicing, breakdowns and process improvement.
Specific tasks include:
- Leading and managing a team of engineers to ensure the safe and reliable performance of plant and machinery
- On shift performance of equipment, GMP audits, workshop standards and planned maintenance delivery
- Coaching, training and developing the team
- Using engineering and operational kpi’s to identify areas for improvement
- Leading and supporting improvements projects and initiatives.
To be the right person for Engineering Team Leader role you will need direct experience of engineering within a manufacturing or warehouse environment.
You'll be someone who approaches tasks with a can-do attitude and has the ability to think of creative solutions to problems, is able to adopt a continuous improvement mentality and will lead by example and create a positive working environment for your team.
You'll also need prior experience of:
- Carrying out reactive and proactive maintenance
- Electrical and mechanical engineering
- Pneumatics, hydraulics, vacuum and process controls.
It's important that you also have the following:
- An NVQ level 3 (or equivalent experience) in an engineering qualification
- Experience of completing basic electrical engineering requirements
- The ability to read electrical / mechanical drawings
- Training or experience in legionella, ammonia, steam, working in confined spaces and working at height (desirable).
The basic salary for the Engineering Team Leader role is up to £60,000 per annum. You can also earn overtime in this role.
You'll also receive other benefits which include the following:
- Wellness perks
- Staff discounts
The business you'll be working for is food manufacturer that supply products to major supermarkets.
They're a company that people really enjoy working for. People join them for many reasons, such as they:
- Have a people focused culture
- Provide great training and progression opportunities
- Invest heavily in the plant and machinery
Think that this Engineering Team Leader role is right for you? Then we'd love to hear from you.
You could be right for this Engineering Team Leader position if you've previously worked as any of the following: Engineering Shift Manager, Engineering Supervisor, Engineering Team Manager, Shift Engineering Manager, Engineering Shift Supervisor, Engineering Shift Lead, Lead Engineer, Senior Engineer, Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Team Manager, Maintenance Shift Manager, Shift Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Shift Supervisor, Maintenance Shift Lead or as a Maintenance Team Leader.
SPECIALISTS IN FOOD & DRINK MANUFACTURING RECRUITMENT
Apply for Engineering Team Leader
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert