Engineering Lead – FMCG
- Silven Recruitment
- West Midlands
- £44000 per year + benefits
- Closing date
- 28 Mar 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Engineering Lead – FMCG
Job Title: Engineering Section Lead
Location: West Midlands
Salary: c£44K + benefits
- Experience within a similar role within the food or FMCG sector.
- Experience managing teams of engineers in an Engineering Leadership position.
- Ideally you will be time served Engineer with a mixed discipline.
- PLC Experience.
- Refrigeration experience.
- NEBOSH Certificate & IOSH Managing safely.
- Monday to Friday days-based role with some flexibility required.
- To provide motivating leadership for the engineering function on shift. Implementation of strategy working towards its vision to become world class.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the Engineering function with respect to engineers, purchasing, store’s inventory, equipment contracts, PPM’s and planned overhauls.
- Ensure both a safe working environment and a positive safety culture is in place through effective training, coaching and supervision of team members, leading by example, ensuring all safety processes are followed and supporting all safety initiatives.
- Provide clear leadership to the team through effective recruitment, selection, induction training and coaching and performance management in line with policy and agreed procedures.
- Conduct regular, quality performance conversations and annual reviews, challenging and managing poor performance and capability issues in order to drive improvements in individual and team performance.
- Ensure all products are manufactured to the specified quality in a safe and hygienic manner, exercising due diligence always to meet the Company’s obligation under the Food Safety Act.
- Ensure the highest standards of housekeeping, hygiene and other manufacturing practices (GMP), are achieved and maintained.
- Proactively manage absence (both short and long term) in line with the attendance management procedure.
- Lead the Daily Team Review Meeting ensuring actions are agreed and completed to drive an improvement in safety, quality and cost.
- My client is a major player within the food and drink sector with an enviable presence. They are continuing to grow year on year.
- There are very clear career opportunities for high potential individuals.
To apply for this exciting role, please send a copy of your CV quoting ref HM12739 to firstname.lastname@example.org or for a confidential discussion, please call me on 0161 832 7463.
Silven was formed by experienced consultants to bring a high calibre service to the Food & Drink manufacturing sector. A team of personable, dedicated sector experts offering a service based on knowledge, understanding, capability and a determination to deliver for our clients and candidates. Fundamentally a service that we would want to receive ourselves. Providing a full recruitment service to the sector, we complete assignments across senior and middle management roles as well as handling specialist difficult to fill and first line management roles. Functions covered include: Manufacturing & Operations Engineering & Maintenance CI & Projects R&D & Process Development Technical & Quality NPD & Innovation Supply Chain & Planning Hygiene & Health & Safety
Apply for Engineering Lead – FMCG
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert