HR Business Partner
- Little Moons
- Kettering, Northamptonshire / Hybrid Working
- £Competitive salary plus great company benefits
- Closing date
- 28 Mar 2023
- HR & Training
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Human Resources Business Partner
Salary: A competitive salary is available plus great company benefits
Location: Flexible hybrid working, Kettering & home (Factory / office facing mainly)
Little Moons are frozen and chilled mochi, a fusion of Eastern and Western cuisine – soft and chewy rice flour dough wrapped around balls of ice cream, cheesecake, or chocolate ganache to create a distinctive, bite-sized, and delicious dessert that’s bursting with flavour.
Their rollout across Europe has been pioneered by sister and brother duo Vivien and Howard Wong, who founded Little Moons in 2010. The product’s roots are in high-end restaurants, but over the last five years retail packs have swept the ice cream category in grocery and food service.
The business has rapidly established mochi across Europe and will exceed £50m in revenue in FY21/22. Based on experience in the USA, mochi ice cream is likely to make up 2-3% of the total ice cream category within 1-2 years.
We are very proud of the culture that we have built at Little Moons. Not to stroke our own egos, but we are a great bunch of people—smart, passionate, interesting, and funny—who work hard to support and live our values, all the while keeping our mission in our forethoughts.
Little Moons is looking for a site HR lead for their brand new Factory in Kettering. We are looking for an HR Business Partner who knows that culture is key in running a successful factory. Little Moons is a fresh and lively consumer brand that aims to delight our consumers. Our offer to employees is the same: we want to create a workplace based on our values of :
- Delight – Bring the joy
- Ambition - Aim for the moon
- Integrity - Do the right thing even when no one is looking
- Be Commercial - Think and act like an owner
- Work with the HR function and Leads to support the Leadership Team in all core HR activities including, reward, learning & development, wellbeing, performance management
- Support the business strategy and future business growth, including due diligence and onboarding activities across your location and wider Little Moons where needed.
- Encouraging and driving the company values and mission through living and breathing the Little Moons culture.
- Support on creating and be responsible for implementing strategies to attract and retain high calibre employees in cost-effective ways
- Provide hands on support to leaders and managers giving sound employment law advice when required
- Work with the HR Leads to develop and implement plans to train employees to reach their maximum potential
- Drive the employee engagement agenda focusing on recognition and motivation initiatives
- Play an active role in the continued development and implementation of our communications plan.
- Work with the HR function on pay and reward strategies on a local level
- Ensure all legal compliance is in place regarding contracts, terms of service, policies, company handbooks, H&S and all other relevant documentation
- Work to create a seamless employee experience, along with leaders, HR and other support functions.
- Partner with and help grow our CoEs (Centre of Excellence) to ensure robust service delivery at all stages of our employees' life cycle - Talent Attraction, Onboarding, Diversity and Inclusion, Total Rewards, Talent Management, Employee Wellbeing, Communication and Change Management.
- 4+ years’ experience in a HR Manager or HR Business Partner role with experience of Change Management processes
- A progressive, non-bureaucratic approach to HR with a real interest in what we do, how we do it and how we can shape it in the future Digital acumen, strong knowledge of HR systems and processes
- Common sense – always spots opportunities to simplify and improve processes to drive better results
- Understands what’s not important, to keep us focused on our strategic people agenda
- An ability to work in an agile way. Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Enjoy working in an entrepreneurial culture that moves quickly and requires rapid response and the ability to make quick, sound decisions
- Excellent relationship building and communication, with the ability to move between listening to, guiding and coaching
- An MSc in HR or CIPD qualified to at least Level 5, preferably Level 7
- Five years or more in factory-based HR role
- Familiar with running the day-to-day side of HR systems and processes so they can happen smoothly with a high level of customer service for the employee
- Confident in leading culture change across a workforce of 300 people
- A coach and guide to the factory leadership team
- A beacon for our belief that everyone is your equal and everyone is equal to you
We will ask candidates to demonstrate that:
- They can utilize data and reporting to discern insights and identify trends
- Can build great partnerships with a range of stakeholders Deliver a talent process that identifies gaps, supports development and succession planning and moves talen through the business
- They are knowledgeable at supporting ER issues (disciplinary, grievance, appeals performance management and redundancy situations)
Some of the benefits of working here include:
Little Moons is a fast-growing and dynamic business, the nature of which means roles and responsibilities can change and grow quickly and at scale. We never stand still for long, and for the right person this represents an opportunity to grow and evolve your role and responsibilities with us and to develop your career at pace.
We will provide you with as much support, guidance, and training as you need, and offer the below benefits to boot:
- Amazing family-friendly policies include having your birthday off, ‘Pawternity’ for anyone welcoming a new pet into the family, paid time off for moving home plus much more!
- We understand that mental health matters. We partner with GroceryAid to provide remote emotional support to team members Up to 4 weeks of paid sick leave
- Private health scheme
- Respect, trust, and honesty. Personal and professional maturity is important to us, and we keep each other honest
- Your holidays – We believe in finding your work-life alignment and encourage all staff to use their 25 days, plus public holidays
To be engaged, you must feel included and valued, so we have built, and nurtured, a culture where inclusiveness is not a buzzword, but a way of being.
Our approach to diversity is simple —it’s about embracing everyone, and everyone is welcome at Little Moons. We are committed to welcoming everyone, regardless of gender identity, orientation or expression. We are diverse in age, race, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective. Our diversity fuels our innovation, bring diversity of thought, and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we serve.
All applicants must have the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Little Moons are made of two parts. A deliciously sweet, soft and chewy rice flour dough. This dough is steamed, pounded and gently wrapped around a centre of gelato ice cream, like a soft, snuggly puffer jacket on a cold day. Eating it is a unique experience. A delicious bite-sized mochi ball of perfection. They’re unlike anything you’ve ever tasted before, but then again, they’re ice cream from another world.
Apply for HR Business Partner
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert